Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Storage for food?

(7 Posts)
Tiasmummy Wed 27-Jul-05 16:42:39

Hiya. My daughter is nearly one and I store her food in ice cube trays.....I cant think of anything else to store it in and it is becoming VERY time consuming!! LOL! I know you can get that plastic tupperware stuff but it would mean buying LOADS of them and the freezer would probably burst open!

I wish I could be a super mum and make it fresh every single day but I work part time and just dont have the energy to be honest!

Any ideas for what i can use to store her food in?

Cheers:-)

mckenzie Wed 27-Jul-05 16:44:49

good old tupperware, or the supermarket versions of it. or Boots sell litlle multi coloured pots with lids about the size of yogurt pots. And I bet Ikea do something similar too.

bundle Wed 27-Jul-05 16:47:14

get plastic bags (you can buy zippy ones in supermarket) and label them with indelible pen, shove the ice cubes in them. i used to plop all sorts of veg together and fruits in another bag, you can usually tell from colour whether it's apple, apricot, whatever.

NannyL Sat 30-Jul-05 00:30:13

lakeland do perfect size post which are great fir bay food.... they are about 3 inches X 3 inches x 1/5 inches ish. (they are like tupperware (nad DO have lids) but lakelands 'own')

they come in packs of 10 (or 12) i think! and i find that once food is frozen you can pop them out like 'large ice cub' blocks anyway

they arnt that expensive ( a few £s per pack of 10 / 12)and if you pop them out as well, you will prob only need 1 pack, (unless you often make loads then maybe 2!)

Millie1 Sat 30-Jul-05 13:58:09

I use one of the flexible muffin trays from Lakeland then when stuff is frozen empty into freezer bags. HTH

lmccrean Sat 30-Jul-05 14:36:15

yoghurt pots

alison222 Sat 30-Jul-05 15:25:02

empty fruit puree pots - the heinz organic ones which have lids.
I also emptied out my "ice cubes" into plastic bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now