Talk

Advanced search

falafel

(9 Posts)
SamN Wed 27-Jul-05 13:54:07

The last time I tried to make falafel myself they fell apart - and I can't find that recipe in any case. But I want to try again. They are so healthy and I think they will be a hit with my ds1 and his friends, especially in pitta bread with hoummous.

So does anyone have a foolproof recipe and some hints for making sure they don't fall apart?

Thanks

evansmummy Wed 27-Jul-05 20:43:38

Try this one?

Never done a link before though so might not work!

evansmummy Wed 27-Jul-05 20:44:36

Oh dear, it didn't. I'll try again.

have a look at this

evansmummy Wed 27-Jul-05 20:45:48

Or if you go to the BBC recipe website, they have four or five recipes, you could take your pick!!

SamN Fri 29-Jul-05 09:52:07

Thanks v much evansmummy, I didn't have a chance to do any on Wednesday but I have printed out the Ainsley recipe and will try it when I next have the opportunity. I'm always a bit wary of anything that involves deep-fat-frying, tbh, but I'll give it a go.

ChaCha Sat 30-Jul-05 01:09:28

I've got a good falafel recipe. I'll need to hunt it out though and type it up...watch this space... Do you make your own hummus? I never seem to get it quite right!

SamN Wed 03-Aug-05 21:35:41

I have similarly never managed to make home-made hoummous taste quite right. But I have wondered... the shop-bought stuff doesn't use olive oil so I might try one day using sunflower oil as that's far blander.

Will keep an eye out for your falafel recipe

hoxtonchick Wed 03-Aug-05 21:38:13

apparently you need to blend falafel for ages when you make them to break the chickpeas down properly.

SamN Wed 03-Aug-05 22:19:37

thanks for that tip hoxtonchick

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now