Talk

Advanced search

yogurt and sugar

(9 Posts)
babybecky Wed 27-Jul-05 10:47:47

I have to share something with you that I found out about on another baby chat room. I asked about a new yogurt called MUMS4 to see if anyone had tried it or heard of it as I wanted to try my 7 month old with yogurt but didn't fancy all the added sugar that goes into them (have you seen how much??!!)

Anyway Tesco have just started stocking it and its great! Just wanted to pass it on as a good find. My son loves it and I'm just pleased to have found a dessert (other than fruit) he can have that isn't loaded with sugar or fruit concentrates.

Hope this helps someone else too!

lunarx Wed 27-Jul-05 11:09:54

thanks for passing this along.. i read the ingredients to the many of the 'baby' yogurts and was surprised at the amount of sugar in them!!

what we did was we got plain full fat yogurt and mixed fruit in it... Rachel's Organic does a sugar-free (sweetened with pear juice) yogurt for little ones with no bits....

hana Wed 27-Jul-05 11:20:16

greek yogurt is also a good one for babies - just add your own fruit mmm
not just for babies really!

jackeroo Wed 27-Jul-05 13:00:09

we get the mums4 yogurt too - it is very good... waitrose stock it as well. i often add baby rice to it as a thickener as it's very runny. less messy that way...greek yogurt also a favourite with all of us!

lunarx Wed 27-Jul-05 17:55:59

mmmm greek yogurt! got some today while out!

=)

ediemay Wed 27-Jul-05 17:57:50

we love the Rachel's organic children's yogurts, all sweetened with fruit juices - Sainsburys have the 4 packs

lunarx Wed 27-Jul-05 19:32:51

those are the ones we get ediemay! =D

NannyL Sat 30-Jul-05 00:27:03

we too love rachels organic kids fruit yoguts

they actually taste 'of the fruit taste of the fruit they are supposed to be of you get what i mean! (and are delciouse!)

I also feed my charges with yeo valley organic kids yoghurts and although they DO use sugar as an ingrediant they use it much less than other yoghurts like petit floux or those horrid additive full munch bunch and ones with characters like thomas the tank / whinnie the pooh incredibles

babybecky Mon 01-Aug-05 14:26:42

I am not keen on Rachels DAiry ones - they sweeten with fruit concentrates - as bad for teeth as pure sugar I'm afraid.

Greek yogurt also a favourite with us. Its lovely and thick! I keep the fruit whole for my eldest children and then purees for the little man.

MUMS4 handy to have towards end of the week when fruit bowl wearing thin on the ground!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now