Talk

Advanced search

2 days of weaning and she's off her milk??

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 23-Jul-05 14:02:37

I've given DD the tinest amount of baby rice after her late morning bottle for the last 2 days. When I went to give her the late morning bottle this morning, she was completely not interested and only after much persuasion took about 3/4 ounces (she usually has about 7 or 8). She then devoured the tiny bit of pureed carrot and I managed to get her to take another ounce of milk.
Could the starting weaning have caused this??

mckenzie Sat 23-Jul-05 17:54:00

bump

spidermama Sat 23-Jul-05 17:56:24

Gosh! Don't know Mckenzie but I would hold fire on the baby rice for the time being if I were you. It fills them up without providing many nutrients. Maybe just stick to tiny amounts of carrot/apple/banana etc for now.

mckenzie Sat 23-Jul-05 20:34:19

thanks spidermum. I had switched to carrot today and plan on giving just that for the next 2 days. She took her bottle fine tonight so maybe it was just a one off (hope so). We'd been swimming so maybe she was just too tired to suck on the teat but more than happy for me to put food into her mouth. Bless her

fredly Mon 25-Jul-05 15:00:29

I would say she's got a small appetite or meals are to close to each other. I had the same problem with my dd, she was not hungry enough when I was offering. I eventually dropped a feed and she's been on 4 meals since very happily. Eats like a horse now !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now