Talk

Advanced search

What does your 7 year old eat in a typical day?

(7 Posts)
charliecat Wed 20-Jul-05 21:49:40

Want to know so I can compare!

WideWebWitch Wed 20-Jul-05 21:52:25

Breakfast is either boiled egg and wholemeal toast + apple juice or Shreddies
Lunch: peanut butter or cucumber sandwich and 2 yoghurts, 2 satsumas, an apple, some nuts, a banana, maybe a cake in his lunch box but today he only ate the sandwich and an apple
supper: pasta with tomato sauce and veg or pizza or something else with veg. Maybe ice cream too.

paolosgirl Wed 20-Jul-05 21:54:52

DS is 7, and literally eats anything and everything. I daren't list it all, as you would be shocked. The vast majority of it is healthy, and he is very slim and tall, but I seem to have given birth to a locust.

trefusis Wed 20-Jul-05 21:57:22

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Wed 20-Jul-05 21:58:28

Breakfast ... Big bowl of cereal

Dinner ... Ham sandwhich, cereal bar, yoghurt, peice of fruit and a drink.

Tea ... Beef casserole, with mash, another yoghurt

Bedtime ...hot choccie and a biscuit.

trefusis Wed 20-Jul-05 21:58:46

Message withdrawn

Stilltrue Thu 21-Jul-05 13:09:51

My dd is nearly 7 and a typical day would go as follows:
breakfast: grilled bacon, boiled egg (weekends only for those 2 items!), toast, a yogurt, water or fruit juice.
mid morning: maybe an apple &/or a banana, plus a flapjack or a few breadsticks
lunch: could be pasta, chicken, whatever's on offer(or school lunch of course) Actually she is now on holiday, but after Easter began to take in a round of sandwiches to eat after the school lunch, because she complained of being hungry.
Afternoon snack 3.30pm: fruit + slice of cake or some crisps
Tea: 5.30pm - chicken, fish, maybe a steak + lots of veg.
Bedtime snack 7.30 -8pm:whatever she can find! Breadsticks, an apple,sometimes I make milkshakes.

I think that's quite a lot of food. She is stick thin and very active so I think she needs the energy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now