Talk

Advanced search

When did you introduce STRAWBERRY?

(6 Posts)
nannyjo Tue 19-Jul-05 15:12:24

i've always been wary of strawberry cos it's known to cause a reaction in lots of kids.

It's in the fromage frais pots though so surely i can give it to DS now?? he is nearly 10 months.

Nemo1977 Tue 19-Jul-05 15:14:37

i gave it in fromage frais from about 8 mths and by its self at about 1yr. Ds loves them so eats them most days at the min. To be honest i didnt think about reaction so maybe just try him with a small bit of one u eat and see if anything happens??????????

nailpolish Tue 19-Jul-05 15:18:15

my 9 month old dd has been getting strawberries for ages - about 4 months. fresh ones

DaddyCool Tue 19-Jul-05 15:18:54

strawberry is a great practice food to help your ds use a fork. my ds loved strawberries and i cut them up into half chunks so he could easily poke his fork into them and put them in his mouth. he found the strawberries so tasty, he made the extra effort to use the fork.

sweetkitty Tue 19-Jul-05 15:19:21

from about 7-8 months when they came into season, she adores them, scoffs them in 10 seconds flat most days.

MumsRCool Tue 19-Jul-05 15:35:59

Have been givng DS mashed up strawbs since he was about 7mths. I mix it with plain yoghurt for a snack or with his oatmeal and he loves it. I did start him with only a little bit to see if there was a reaction and he was absolutely fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: