Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need recipe using mascapone and or creme fraiche

(10 Posts)
Nuttynurse Tue 19-Jul-05 15:02:18

Title says it all really! I bought some Mascapone to serve with strawberries but still have a 500G pack left and a 250ml pot of creme fraiche still to use.

What can I make? Can be sweet or savoury.

nannyjo Tue 19-Jul-05 15:05:19

raspberry waffle cake....Very yummy. Waffles, raspberries, creme fraiche, sugar and lots of white chocolate baked in the oven so its all hot and melted.

Not sure of exact amounts but if you're interested i can find out soon.

sandyballs Tue 19-Jul-05 15:15:05

Spaghetti carbonara with the creme fraiche - found the recipe on here some time ago - delicious.

fry up some bacon bits/lardons with
mushrooms, onions and garlic

Add creme fraiche and stir until warmed through - don't boil it.

Mix two eggs with a large amount of parmesan
cheese, beat until nice consistency. Add to
drained spaghetti - keep lid on for a couple
of minutes to heat through.

Mix with creme fraiche/bacon mixture.

This is making me soooo hungry

SenoraPostrophe Tue 19-Jul-05 15:20:55

you can use it to make a really creamy cheese sauce and then have with cauliflower/brocolli/mcaroni or you can freeze it.

or you could just eat it. mmm

SoupDragon Tue 19-Jul-05 15:27:10

oooooh - 1 small tub marscapone, 1 200g bar of plain chocolate. Melt together, pour into individual ramekins and set. Or eat with a spoon, warm, from the saucepan. Absolutely scrumptious!!

dillydally Tue 19-Jul-05 15:31:23

Nigella does caramelised onion tarlets with creme fraiche..v nice but no recipe to hand sorry.

anorak Tue 19-Jul-05 15:35:07

Copied this from Deliaonline. A friend made it for me and it was one of the yummiest things I ever tasted.

Cheat's Chocolate Trifle

This one's either for people who don't like to cook or for devoted cooks who nonetheless need something really speedy. First you need to zip round the supermarket to collect the ingredients, then, after the cherries have soaked, this is all made in moments.

Serves 8

3 double-chocolate-chip American-style muffins

7 oz (200 g) dark chocolate (75 per cent cocoa solids)

1 x 680 g jar pitted morello cherries, drained and soaked overnight in 3 fl oz (75 ml) dark rum

2 level tablespoons morello cherry jam or conserve

9 oz (250 g) mascarpone

14 oz (400 g) fresh custard

10 fl oz (275 ml) whipping cream

* Click on an ingredient to find out more

You will also need a trifle bowl or serving dish with a capacity of 4 pints (2.25 litres).

You need to start this recipe the day before you want to serve it, and all you do at this stage is soak the drained cherries overnight in the rum. The next day, begin by slicing the muffins horizontally in half, then spread each slice with some jam and weld the slices back together to their original muffin shape. Now cut each one vertically into 4 pieces approximately 3/4 inch (2 cm) wide, and lay these all around the base of the trifle bowl or serving dish. Now take a skewer and stab them to make holes, then strain off the rum the cherries have been soaking in and sprinkle it all over the muffins, scattering the cherries on top.

Now, reserving 2 oz (50 g) of the chocolate for decoration, break the rest up into squares. Place the broken-up chocolate in a large heatproof bowl, which should be sitting over a saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Then, keeping the heat at its lowest, allow the chocolate to melt slowly – it should take about 5 minutes to become smooth and glossy. Remove the bowl from the pan and give it a good stir, then let the chocolate cool for 2-3 minutes.

While that's happening, put the mascarpone in a bowl and beat to soften it, then add the custard and whisk them together. Next whisk in the cooled melted chocolate, then pour the whole lot over the soaked muffins and cherries. Now whip the cream to the floppy stage, then carefully spoon this over the trifle, spreading it out with a palette knife. Lastly chop the rest of the chocolate (using a piece of foil to protect it from the heat of your fingers as you steady it), shredding it very finely. Sprinkle the shreds over the surface of the trifle, cover with clingfilm and chill until needed.

henshake Tue 19-Jul-05 22:44:48

Cheesy tomato pasta - I lay no claim to this recipe just recommendations. Take a couple of shallots and chop finely, fry off with a crushed clove of garlic for a couple of minutes, then add a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and then add sugar to taste (around a teaspoon), simmer for approx 15 minutes. (Then depending on the age of your child puree to required consistency or just leave with the few lumps from the chopped tomoatoes). Add half a tub - a full tub (dependant on taste) of marscapone cheese to make it creamy tasting. I love this recipe and make it in bulk to freeze as it is such a quick and tasty meal.

kid Tue 19-Jul-05 22:46:33

You can use some creme fraiche mixed with mustard and stuff chicked breast with this.

Hulababy Wed 20-Jul-05 12:53:53

Just heat the mascarpone down - a lovely creamy cheesy sauce for pasta, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now