Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone got the Waitrose card recipe for Nectarine and Chicory (?) salad please?

(7 Posts)
Merlot Tue 19-Jul-05 13:31:18

I had the most wonderful salad last night at a friends house. It had nectarines, hallumi, chicory, peppers in it.....Apparently it came originally from a Waitrose Recipe Card.

My friend is such a good cook that she sort of chucks it in as she goes. I on the other hand d really need a recipe!

Twiglett Tue 19-Jul-05 13:33:22

recipes here there's a search

I found a nectarine and rocket salad if that's the one

Merlot Tue 19-Jul-05 13:56:25

Thanks twiglett that looks a really useful site !

No, it wasnt a rocket salad - definitely either chicory or endive - but there are some particularly scrummy looking recipes on that site, so will give some a go.

The nectarine was what made it particularly delicious though, not something I had ever thought of putting in a salad before!

Twiglett Tue 19-Jul-05 14:29:02

reckon if she's a bung it cook she probably just substituted chicory

Caribbeanqueen Tue 19-Jul-05 14:31:19

Merlot, I have it! The recipe card says peaches, but I guess she substitutes nectaries. Includes halloumi and chicory, so I guess it's the right one.

Want me to paste it?

Caribbeanqueen Tue 19-Jul-05 14:37:13

Might as well post it anyway!

3 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
250g pack Cypressa haooumi cheese
2 tbsp groundnut oil
3 red or white chicory, quartered lengthways
1 pack salad ionions, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2cm strips

For chilli dressing:
1 cherry bomb chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or a standard chilli
20g pack coriander, roughly chopped
5 tbsp Japanese rice vinegar
2 tbsp clear honey

1. Make chilli dressing by mixing, chilli, coriander, rice vinegar and honey in small jug

2 Cut each peach half into 5 wedges. Pat cheese dry on kitchen paper, then cut into thin slices using small sharp knife.

3. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large frying pan, fry cheese for 30 secs each side until lighty coloured. Remove and keep warm.

4. Add chicory and onions, fry quickly over high heat 1-2 mins, until beginning to colour. Spoon onto some kitchen paper and keep warm. Heat remaining oil, add peach wedges, fry 1 min each side until slightly sofetened.

5. Toss all ingredients together in warm salad bowl. Pour dressing over and serve with seeded bread.

There you go!

Merlot Tue 19-Jul-05 17:35:24

Hooray!!

I knew mumsnet wouldnt let me down

Many Thanks Caribbeanqueen

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: