Talk

Advanced search

DS started weaning so well, but now refuses everything-HELP!!!!!!!!

(6 Posts)
Pupness Mon 18-Jul-05 21:28:23

My 8 month old DS really enjoyed his first tastes even green bean and broccoli and started accepting homemade meals like cauliflower cheese and some chicken. Then he started to get fussier and would only eat if it was doused in natural yoghurt. Now he refuses everything but the bottle. I am getting really worried and although he looks well and is allert and happy, not eating can't be good for him. He has fruit inbetween meals like the odd plum and maybe a rice cake, but apart from that most meals end up in the bin. Is this normal - he is teething too but this doesn't stop him eating the little snacks.

geogteach Mon 18-Jul-05 21:35:12

Sounds normal to me, DS1 was like this, I say keep offering, I got lazy and ended up with a fussy toddler, DD ate no solids to 10 months and is perfectly fit and healthy now so it is unlikely to harm him, DS2 (9 months) currently eats anything, long may it last!

Pupness Tue 19-Jul-05 23:09:44

Thanks geogteach - its funny isn't it - you just want them to eat. I am trying not to get stressed about it and my DH said to me today that you never come across a dinner guest turning down a meal saying they've brought their own and producing a bottle of formula!!!! So, I guess he'll grow out of it and will eat eventually!

Chandra Tue 19-Jul-05 23:17:25

DS's apetite normally disapeared when he was teething, he once spent five days in a row without eating a thing. So I would blame it on teething

hunkermunker Tue 19-Jul-05 23:20:30

Definitely teething-related IMO - DS was just like this. Just don't be surprised when he gets the offending tooth and chews your arm down to the socket because he's hungry

Pupness Wed 20-Jul-05 21:04:27

Thank you all for the reassurance and would you believe it - he has been eating well again. The relief you feel when that little bird mouth starts opening again and he eats three meals (well almost, 3/4 of each dish) and then sleeps like a log. Getting him weighed tomorrow, so hopefully he won't be under weight. I try and put lots of things on his tray and let him have a little look at whatever we're eating, sometimes giving him the crust of our breakfast toast or a piece of cucumber. I just don't want to be one of those mums that ends up cooking 4 different meals to cater for the fussy children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now