Talk

Advanced search

Thawing out frozen chicken

(4 Posts)
ScrewballMuppet Mon 18-Jul-05 00:15:49

A bit dim when it comes to the rules of thawing out frozen food especially chicken. Need to do shopping as running out of everything. Hunted in the freezer for kids dinner tomorrow after nursery (can't get to shops till later on in day) and come up with chicken drumsticks to be part of kids dinner have just taken chick drumsticks out of freezer.

Is it okay just to leave them on the worktop overnight to defrost or do I put them in the fridge to?
Will they defrost in time or should I be trying to concoct something out of the remaining items in cupboard?

wheresmyfroggy Mon 18-Jul-05 00:17:52

depends hpw hot it is in your kitchen, prob best to put in fridge overnight and take out in the morning if they haven't fully defrosted

ScrewballMuppet Mon 18-Jul-05 00:21:09

Thanks!

Skribble Mon 18-Jul-05 00:58:30

Drummers should defrost in fridge by tomorrows dinner, I wouldn't leave out my kitchen is far to warm for that (faces south and is warm day and night. I have had chicken in freezer for ages but never remember to take it out to defrost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now