Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does any1 have any good recipes to keep baby regular [wink]

(7 Posts)
hummingbird123 Sun 17-Jul-05 09:01:48

I am trying to incorporate a few different meals into d's diet to help her go for a no.2 !!!!!! I've got dried prunes and raisin's and I am making some purees.....if any1 has any good ideas/recipes please post. She is 6 monthes

MarsLady Sun 17-Jul-05 09:22:09

I make Porridge with dates and apples.

Chop some fresh dates and apples, put them in about a tblsp water and gently cook for about 5 mins.

Make porridge (I do it with milk, I know that some do it with water). I use rolled oats.

Puree/blend/whizz the dates and apples, mix with porridge.

Keeps the DTs regular.

basketcase Sun 17-Jul-05 09:28:11

2 dessert apples(peeled and chopped), tablespoon of washed raisins, two prunes, cooked in a little water until all pulpy. Whizzed (and sieved for small babies) add a little cinnamon if wished (makes the house smell lovely).
Apricots are great at the minute and make a lovely summery puree with lots of vitamins and other "health benefits". Nice combined with other fruit.
I used to make a prunie toastie thing for my little one where I cooked and pureed a couple of prunes, whizzed up to make something that looked a bit like jam and spread on toast fingers - can’t remember what age but she loved them and they worked...
At this time of year many babies and children become a little constipated because they don’t drink enough so worth checking that the fluids are up.
HTH xx

SweetPotato Sun 31-Jul-05 22:52:43

My little ones each have the same breakfast every day - 1 weetabix, half a banana, 5 prunes, enough milk to make it smooth and blitzed to high heaven. I know this is what keeps them regular because they have only had constipation three times and it was when we were on holidays and I gave them packet cereal for brekkie instead.

spod Sun 31-Jul-05 22:54:17

Message deleted

WigWamBam Sun 31-Jul-05 22:54:23

Pureed courgette always did it for my dd.

wysiwyg Sun 31-Jul-05 23:15:34

Lentils

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now