Talk

Advanced search

Need recipe for easyish, ice-able cake involving raspberries!

(7 Posts)
berolina Fri 15-Jul-05 17:40:08

dh is 30 next sun. I want to make him a cake as a surprise but don't bake often and also have an 8wo ds (hence the easy-ish). I'd like to write '30' or a heart or something on it (hence ice-able). He loves raspberries (hence... ). Any ideas?
TIA!

Twiglett Fri 15-Jul-05 17:48:18

victoria sponge in a heart-cake tin .. sandwhich together with whipped cream and a layer of raspberries .. use the raspberries to make a 30

(that's the simplest I can think of)

berolina Fri 15-Jul-05 17:50:13

Thanks twiglett - but isn't sponge liable to go v wrong if inexperienced?

bossykate Fri 15-Jul-05 17:53:39

hi berolina

twiglett's idea was what i was going to suggest, but even easier - just use bog standard round cake tins! basic sponge is quite easy imho.

Twiglett Fri 15-Jul-05 17:55:14

pre-heat your oven really well .. ie turn it on when you start preparing so its the right temp

it is the easiest cake to make I think egg butter flour sugar

your other alternative is summer fruit pudding .. which is easy but not really a cake

CountessDracula Fri 15-Jul-05 18:41:24

tell you what, a 30 mph road sign is incredibly easy to do in icing, you could put cream and raspberries in the middle of a sponge, white icing all over then put the 30mph sign on. I have done it a couple of times and people love it!

berolina Fri 15-Jul-05 20:38:00

cd - great idea! (v appropriate as the other thing he's getting is a car - that is, we need one anyway but i'm going to 'give' him a nicer one than we would otherwise have got).
thanks twiglett + bk. will report back on success (or otherwise!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now