Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have the Annabel Karmel 15 min tom sauce?

(7 Posts)
supersonic Fri 15-Jul-05 16:39:21

I am due to cookd inner, well now, and had brilliant intentions of cooking my spag bol sauce from scratch as opposed to buying the jar but as usual time is not on my side and now i realise I hav no idea how to make a spag bol sauce and cannot find the recipe that I thought I had but have read previous threads and the Annabel Karmel 15 min tomato sauce keeps being mentioned but i cannot see the recipe although any spag bol sauce wouldbe appreciated jsut not one that takes 3 hours - I really need some help PLEASE

supersonic Fri 15-Jul-05 16:54:57

Anyone !

SoupDragon Fri 15-Jul-05 16:55:52

I just fry some garlic, tip in a pack of mince, add a tin of tomatoes and any vegetable I wish to hide in it , season and simmer till the meat is cooked.

supersonic Fri 15-Jul-05 16:57:03

thank you very much so simple I didn't even think of it!

Lakota Fri 15-Jul-05 16:59:42

Fry chopped onion and squished garlic in olive oil til soft (about 5 mins, low heat), add your mince and brown it. Big squidge of tom puree, followed by stock cube (if you have any), mixed herbs, and tin of chopped tomatoes. Secret ingredients are desserspoon of sugar, and about 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder (leave it out if you don't like chilli).Bung a bay leaf in if you have any. Simmer as long as poss, maybe half an hour if you can. Salt n' pepper to taste. You'll never use a jar again! It will freeze well too, so you can always make a load in advance another time.

This is my DH's recipe, not Annabel wotsit's, and will also work as a veggie pasta sauce without the mince. You could put in peppers as well. If you want to do a chilli instead, add tin of mixed beans and replace tinned tomatoes with gravy. Sounds odd, but is brilliant. You'd need a bit more chilli as well.

Good luck!

okapi Fri 15-Jul-05 16:59:47

try googling for recipes - here's one:

bolognaise

henshake Tue 19-Jul-05 22:43:28

Is this the one, take a couple of shallots and chop finely, fry off with a crushed clove of garlic for a couple of minutes, then add a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and then add sugar to taste (around a teaspoon), simmer for approx 15 minutes. (Then depending on the age of your child puree to required consistency or just leave with the few lumps from the chopped tomoatoes). Add half a tub - a full tub (dependant on taste) of marscapone cheese to make it creamy tasting. I love this recipe and make it in bulk to freeze as it is such a quick and tasty meal. I've never used meat with it though so can't comment on how it tastes with meat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now