Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Green grapes, anyone?

(9 Posts)
flowerfairy Wed 13-Jul-05 19:48:10

While I was giving my 15month old ds his snack this afternoon at my parent's home, my dad seemed to think that giving him 8 grapes constituted as overfeeding him. Am I being daft?

I do have a bit of a complex about ds weight, he was 9lb 2 at birth and never actually lost any weight between weigh in at birth. The last time i got him weighed at 12 months he had fallen from the 91st to75th centile. So why is my dad making me feel like I overfeed my son.

Btw don't actually know what present weight is

oooggs Wed 13-Jul-05 19:50:03

DS 19mths would eat the whole bag full if I let him.

8 grapes isn't too much, it could be 8 packets of chocolate buttons that would give him something to complain about

Seona1973 Wed 13-Jul-05 19:51:34

no I dont think you are overfeeding him at all - its grapes fgs, they are mostly water with a bit of fibre and very good for him. Maybe if you were shovelling a mars bar into him you could agree with him being overfed but not good old healthy fruit!!

flowerfairy Wed 13-Jul-05 20:19:34

That's what I thought.

My dad seems to have a real issue with obesity. DH isn't exactly stick thin you see

flowerfairy Wed 13-Jul-05 20:20:08

I'm just being paranoid i know

Ags Wed 13-Jul-05 21:10:25

WOuldn't worry for a second. Grapes are brilliant and I would give ds as many as he wants.

Hope that your dad is able to calm down a little about overeating. Your little ds is far too little to get dieting tips!!!

hunkermunker Wed 13-Jul-05 21:17:33

DS is also 15mo and would eat a whole vineyard clean of grapes if I let him. THey're hardly fattening anyway! I quarter grapes (you don't give them whole, do you?) so that DS has to work harder for them - 10 grapes means 40 trips from plate to mouth

Your DS sounds fine!

pinotgrigio Wed 13-Jul-05 21:18:34

Agree with everybody else - if you can continue to get your DS to eat grapes instead of crisps when he's 3 then you're doing a great job.

8 grapes is really not over-feeding, my DD at that age had an astounding appetite. She too didn't drop any weight after birth (although she wasn't 9lb!!), but gained weight fast and was never a fussy eater.

Tell your dad that a lot of mums have big concerns about not eating at this age and that you're grateful that he's got a healthy appetite.

flowerfairy Wed 13-Jul-05 22:35:38

Thanks for that. I know i'm doing the right thing, but must learn to get a tougher skin to dad's comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now