Talk

Advanced search

Too much food ?

(7 Posts)
Ruthiebaby Wed 13-Jul-05 18:46:51

I've started my ds on some avocado today after he's been having baby rice for over a week now. But, I think he may have had too much ? Is this possible ? He had about 10 teaspoonfuls and would have kept going if I hadn't run out.

Is this ok ?

Ruthiebaby Wed 13-Jul-05 18:56:17

He's 5 months (forgot to mention)

anchovies Wed 13-Jul-05 19:14:35

Bless him! My ds was the same, I always had to limit what I gave him as he would just keep eating otherwise. When are you timing his milk feeds in relation to his solid food? I used to give ds a bit of solids then his milk feed straight afterwards.

Not really much help but at least I'll bump this for you!

angie0201 Wed 13-Jul-05 19:53:38

hi my dd is 6 months and i used to worry if she was eating to much and worry is she wasn't eating enough have done many threads with the same title as you my dd eats anything from 3 tablespoons to 6 depending on how hungry she is i think you just need to be guided by what he wants my dd starts blowing bubbles or gets distracted when she has had enough. hope this helps believe me i know how you feel and esp being a first time mum but this site has helped me so much

nannyjo Wed 13-Jul-05 19:55:17

they say you can never over feed a baby, they will take what they want and sick what they don't.

spidermama Wed 13-Jul-05 19:56:47

Best to take it slowly at first while their systems are getting used to it. But he'll probably be fine.

Avacado? Mmmmmm. Good idea. Great texture for babies.

Ruthiebaby Wed 13-Jul-05 20:21:13

ok I feel a bit better now. Anchovies - I offer him the breast first till he seems he's had enough and then try the solids. I used to try half his feed then solids then the other half, but he was never interested after he'd had his solids.

I'll give him what he wants to a certain extent.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now