Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling broody any suggestions (apart from the obvious)

(10 Posts)
Princessemma Wed 13-Jul-05 15:49:31

My daughter is 2 and a half and really grown-up for her age I'm desperatly broody but for lots of reasons I am waiting for another one. I am feeling a lot of pressure from everyone to have another one and although I'd love to practically the timing is not right but what do I say to mum, sister's, mother-in-law who think I should be starting baby number 2 and how do I cope with the longing every time I see a newborn or woman with a bump?

NotQuiteCockney Wed 13-Jul-05 15:51:00

If people ask about trying for another baby, particularly if they're not people I'm very close to, I try to point out to them what exactly they're asking me - are we having sex? Are we using contraception? Is this really a question you would ask me?

If they're people you're close to, I'd explain the reasons why you're waiting, if you can.

(Why is this in Food?)

fastasleep Wed 13-Jul-05 15:51:21

Cushions up the tope when no one's looking and a doll? I often thing that one day I'll get that way....

I have no idea how you stave it off, apart from maybe going out and doing loads of fun things that pregnant women can't do?

fastasleep Wed 13-Jul-05 15:51:31

top!!! Silly heat!!

fastasleep Wed 13-Jul-05 15:52:00

think! Oh dear god I give up.

Princessemma Wed 13-Jul-05 16:05:30

My mistake it's in food i'm new to the site.

fastasleep Wed 13-Jul-05 16:07:46

I hadn't noticed it was in food!

Frizbe Wed 13-Jul-05 16:10:23

Just read the antenatal clubs section, all of us with 2nd kids are having a horrible time of it with sickness, which most of us didn't have the 1st time round!

Princessemma Wed 13-Jul-05 16:13:13

But birth is usually easier 2nd time round isn't it? Plus you know what to do with screaming infant!

fastasleep Wed 13-Jul-05 16:15:16

Hmm having horrendous morning sickness until 20 weeks and being utterly exhausted with a kid to look after is no fun I can assure you... but yep I'd do it again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now