Talk

Advanced search

Can someone give me a chicken recipe please.

(22 Posts)
Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 15:36:04

I'm cooking a meal on Sat night.I'll be cooking some crispy new potatoes and I have been asked to cook meatballs but would like to do some chicken also.

No cheese and nothing too spicy.

TIA

fishfinger Wed 13-Jul-05 15:36:38

two dishes?
wowsers

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 15:37:56

I don't know what it is with me when it comes to cooking. I seem to go mad and do allsorts.

fishfinger Wed 13-Jul-05 15:38:29

so dont or do chicken meatballs!

SoupDragon Wed 13-Jul-05 15:38:49

Roast chicken? Maybe served cold in case it's ridiculously hot.

tassis Wed 13-Jul-05 15:39:51

BBQ chicken legs?

Marinade legs in tomketchup, soy sauce, runny honey and grainy mustard. Cook in marinade in oven for at least 40 mins.

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 15:41:24

Oooh I like the sound of that Tassis.

I just like to do little tapasy sort of things plus I am very greedy with food

Iklboo Wed 13-Jul-05 15:44:49

How about some chicken kebab type thingies? Marinate chunks of chicken in a nice sauce (Nandos do some that aren't to spicy - or make Tassis BBQ sauce. Then thread on skewers with something like chunks of peppers, onion, mushrooms, corn chunks etc. Grill for about 15-20 minutes and serve with warm pitta breads & salad.

Janh Wed 13-Jul-05 15:45:57

Oooh, I have a recipe somewhere for chicken joints roasted with red onion wedges and bits of lemon and garlic, would that be good? (if I can find it!)

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 15:47:06

Yes please Janh!

Janh Wed 13-Jul-05 15:47:56

okeydoke, will go and root (it was in Family Circle once and I tore it out and put it with some others)

Nbg Wed 13-Jul-05 15:57:33

Will have to switch off now but will check back later.

Thanks everyone.

Janh Wed 13-Jul-05 16:06:21

Blimey, I found it - you would have to be well acquainted with the state of my house and my brain to know quite how remarkable that is (esp as it wasn't Fam Circle, it was local paper and is a yellowed scrap filed in my Sainsburys file )

ROAST LEMON CHICKEN AND POTATO WEDGES
(as you're doing spuds anyway you could leave them out or substitute another veg?)

For 6

500g floury potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
6 boneless chicken breasts with skin
1 small red onion cut into wedges (I used more, I love red onion)
1 large lemon
6 cloves garlic, peeled
2tsp clear honey
1½tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1tsp fresh thyme
6 sprigs fresh rosemary

Using a nonstick frying pan, dry-fry the chicken breasts skin side down for 2-3 mins until brown. Place in large roasting tin with onion and potato wedges.

Remove zest from lemon and cut in half. Cut one half into wedges and add to pan with 4 garlic cloves; squeeze juice from other half and mix with zest, honey, oil and 2 crushed garlic cloves. Pour over chicken, season well and add herbs.
Bake for 1 hour or until the wedges are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Serve immediately from roasting tin.

It doesn't give a temp but I did it at around 190 I think. It's very good (and easy!)

Nbg Thu 14-Jul-05 20:23:58

That is excellent, thank you!

slim22 Thu 14-Jul-05 20:38:38

I was going to suggest Chicken tagine with preserved lemons.
Actually, recipe below looks yummy and quite similar, so if you can replace lemon zest and juice with whole preserved lemons (from sainsburys) cut in chunks + gren olives added at the last minute + chopped coriander.

For meatballs try the following:
blend 1 pound lamb mince with 1 onion + 1 teaspon cumin, 1 teaspoon paprika, 2 cloves garlic, 1 bunch parsley and 1 bunch coriander.
cook meatbals in 1 tin chopped tomatoes and 2 tablespoons good olive oil.Eat with loaf of crusty bread.

Bon apetit!!

Nbg Thu 14-Jul-05 20:44:51

That meatball recipe is better than mine. I guessed with sauce and didn't bother with herbs last time.

Thanks very much

wordsmith Thu 14-Jul-05 20:48:09

this is my favourite chicken recipe of all time . It's fantastic. A little bit spicy but absolutely yummy. It say's it's for 4 but IMO there'a just about enough there for 2.

Janh Thu 14-Jul-05 20:50:28

I have a recipe from a Swede for Swedish meatballs - came across it while searching for chicken recipe - could pass that on too if you like? (Or do you want Spanish type?)

Nbg Thu 14-Jul-05 21:02:35

No, I'll have it please J. I write all recipes down in my little pink book.

Nbg Thu 14-Jul-05 21:03:12

Omg, I love chorizos! Thanks

Nbg Thu 14-Jul-05 21:03:12

Omg, I love chorizos! Thanks

Janh Fri 15-Jul-05 18:05:51

Missed this last night, Nbg - here is Swedish meatball recipe

200ml milk
100 ml dry breadcrumbs

mix in bowl and "leave to swell some minutes", lol

500g mince (doesn't specify but shop ones are pork and beef mixed I think)
1 small chopped onion
1 egg
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

mix together with breadcrumb mixture to a good consistency, then form into small balls - rinse hands in cold water first

200 degree oven for 5-10 mins, or fry.

Have to confess I've never made them, mostly because I thought I'd lost the recipe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now