Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Where does it come from?

(4 Posts)
vwvic Mon 11-Jul-05 20:54:26

As some of you may know, dd1 has been asked not to go to school tomorrow because they are having fruit day, and she has multiple food allergies. So, I've got hold of the worksheet, and on it is listed various fruits, along with a map of the world. The idea is to draw a line from the fruit to countries where it is grown.

Most of them she's already found out, but some are causing us trouble. I was wondering if you lovely people could help us out. Here is the list:

paw-paw
star fruit
mango
passion fruit
apricot (Italy I think, but I'm not sure)
grapefruit (?California)

If no one knows, any ideas where I could find out for/with her?

Thanks in advance!

Alannah Mon 11-Jul-05 21:11:31

Not sure where they originate but paw-paw, starfruit, mango and passion fruit all grow in the Carribbean afaik. Apricot's are european or north african, grapefruits - Spain probably

KBear Mon 11-Jul-05 21:27:14

so they didn't budge then?

vwvic Mon 11-Jul-05 21:46:47

Kbear- no sadly not. They pretty much refused to talk about it anymore. If it wasn't that we've decided to move, therefore we need to change schools and LEA's, we would have taken it much further. As it is, we were too concerned that there would be negative recriminations for Erin for the time she had left, IYSWIM. Hey ho.

Anyone else have any specific countries for the listed fruits?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now