Talk

Advanced search

Cutting afternoon feed - how many oz and food

(6 Posts)
Papillon Mon 11-Jul-05 13:46:44

You needed a subject title for this to be accessible in active convos malachismum
By malachismum on Monday, 11 July, 2005 1:39:47 PM

Ds has just turned one and i am cutting out his afternoon feed so want to do breakfast bottle and bedtime bottle, how many oz should he have? Also cant get him to eat breakie as he wants to feed himself but cant keep readybrek,porridge, weetabix etc on his spoon. I have tried giving him his milk with breakfast, after breakfast and before breakfast but he still doesnt seem to eat much. How did/do you do it?

Papillon Mon 11-Jul-05 13:51:04

Do you try and feed him with the spoon after his failed attempts?

Perhaps you could give him more finger food... wholemeal toast with porridge on it.. sounds gross but might work??

koalabear Mon 11-Jul-05 13:52:45

they say a pint a milk (or its equivalent in substitutes, such as cheese, yoghurt, milk on cereal etc) a day

malachismum Mon 11-Jul-05 13:53:09

Thats what Ill try, have an Irish family who believe the only breakfast is porridge!! Sorry to ask again, roughly how many oz of formula should he have per day, is it 18?

koalabear Mon 11-Jul-05 13:53:16

that's 600 mls, or about 16-20 ounces, I think

Seona1973 Tue 12-Jul-05 13:35:38

from 1 the minimum is 350mls (around 12 ounces). I have also posted on your other thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now