Talk

Advanced search

Just out of Interest

(12 Posts)
charleepeters Fri 08-Jul-05 23:11:20

Those who have bottle fed babies how many bottles do they have a day and how many ounces.

Ds (10mth) was having 4x7oz bottles a day but we wanted to cut him down to 3 bottles a day as he sleeps with is bottles and we are trying to cut out a nap so he sleeps a bit longer at night.

anyway im not sure weather to give him 3x7oz bottles or up it to 8 oz bottles - the back of the formula tin is no help i know its only a rough gide but its either got the estiated amount for DS's age or his wieght an hes onlt small - hes not to chuffed about having less bottles so i thoguht upping them would satisfy him a bit more. i hope that makes sense!

swiperfox Fri 08-Jul-05 23:14:41

Hiya - my ds was on 9oz bottles at 10 months and having about 3-4 bottles plus sleeping with one. I switched him over to cows milk at around 10 months so he could start eating more food and not relying on the milk so much.

As it goes he's a milk monster and still wants well over a pint a day!!

hunkermunker Fri 08-Jul-05 23:16:02

Cutting a nap now might not help him sleep longer at night - babies often don't sleep well if they're overtired. Can you shorten either of the naps?

That way he'd keep his four bottles, but he might sleep longer at night because he'd be a bit more tired but not overly so. DS didn't go to one nap a day till he was over one - and had two today at 15mo!

hunkermunker Fri 08-Jul-05 23:16:21

Hang on - have just done the maths and is he having three naps a day?

charleepeters Fri 08-Jul-05 23:17:07

Ds is dairy alergic so his bottles are his only source of calcium at the mo (apart from veg) i dont mind how much milk he has in a bottle i just want to limit the number of bottle he has in a day! im not sure weather to raise them - hes ment to have a pint a day according to the health visitor but im not sure how many oz that is!

hunkermunker Fri 08-Jul-05 23:18:04

A pint is 20oz.

charleepeters Fri 08-Jul-05 23:19:00

Hes napping 3 times a day and the 4th bottle is his bed time one! he has slept longer now we have cut out one nap he used to sleep till 4 with 3 naps now hes gone to 5 - 6 with only 2 naps. i just want to make sure hes still getting his recomended amount.

charleepeters Fri 08-Jul-05 23:19:24

ok so if i give him 3x 8oz he should be ok - is that right?

hunkermunker Fri 08-Jul-05 23:20:50

Yes

charleepeters Fri 08-Jul-05 23:22:50

Just reading the other thread Hunker i didnt know you were pg???? i am missing things big styleeeee here i know - and by the way whats with the wierd rabbit/bat thing??? can someone explain please! (if there was a confused and dumb emotion i would be using them here!)

hunkermunker Fri 08-Jul-05 23:24:18

Yes, am 13 weeks pg tomorrow (nearly wrote 13 eeks - think that's a bit more appropriate really...!).

The bat has turned out to be an MN mascot really - started as a game where MNers posted the link to it and tried to trick people into clicking on it.

charleepeters Fri 08-Jul-05 23:26:25

ahhh - well late congrats! and thanks for the bat thing i wont be so confused bext time i see the little fella pop up! thanks again im off to ben now to get my beauty sleep so i can see my mommy off to NZ tommorrow - night night

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now