Talk

Advanced search

Invalid Food - what dinners can I make and freeze for my sister when she comes out of hospital?

(10 Posts)
spacedonkey Fri 08-Jul-05 13:47:22

She is going in for a hysterectomy next week, so I want to make sure she's got decent dinners when she gets home.

Any ideas for delicious dinners that freeze well?

She is a very fussy foodie I should add

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 13:48:19

shepherds pie.
any kind of stew/casserole
nice thick soup
fish pie

SenoraPostrophe Fri 08-Jul-05 13:50:39

curry freezes really well - it intensifies the flavour.

bolognese sauce? any kind of pasta with sauce in fact.

Marina Fri 08-Jul-05 13:50:40

Seafood lasagne sd. Good chicken soup, as starlover suggests. A nice, garlicky ratatouille.
Lamb korma or pasanda.
Hope it all goes well for her. Of my circle of girlfriends, the two who have had the op have recovered brilliantly and it has transformed their lives.

spacedonkey Fri 08-Jul-05 13:52:06

thanks for these, excellent ideas, and it's good to hear about your friends' experiences marina

Marina Fri 08-Jul-05 13:54:59

I think latterly it has had a bit of a "nasty male gynaecologists itching to remove women's wombs" press...soldiering on with diet/lifestyle changes does not work for all women I think, and the op can and does work wonders for some.

spacedonkey Fri 08-Jul-05 13:56:34

She is nervous but at the same time looking forward to being free of the monthly nightmare she has suffered for the last decade!

Satine Fri 08-Jul-05 13:57:15

I'm currently obsessed with a meatloaf recipe that Gordon Ramsay got from the soul food restaurant in Brighton on his Kitchen Nightmares travels. It's called Mama Cherrie's meatloaf (I googled Gordon Ramsay meatloaf, I think) and it's FAB and you can make individual ones which freeze like a dream and defrost in a couple of hours. I'm doing loads for a friend who's about to have her second baby.

spacedonkey Fri 08-Jul-05 14:02:04

these are great ideas - i'm going to make a list and discuss with her later

Chuffed Fri 08-Jul-05 14:06:56

any kind of lasagne, chicken, vegetarian.
The other thing could be 'prepping some fresh food in preparation for her cooking but having it all ready things like veges meat for stirfry would all freeze well she could then just throw in a pan, add sauce and voila.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now