Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Not shopping at Asda any more ever!

(24 Posts)
charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:35:04

I have given up with Asda i am so angry

I have had loads of dodgly food from the and at least 1 bad item every month but this month has taken the piss.

Last month i brough some goats milk for ds i brought it on the 18th and it went off on the 16th! so it was 2 days ot of date when i brought it! - luckily i had the reciept and they gave me £20 vouchers as i got mad at them as i had fed it to ds ( i dont check dates on things that i have just brought)

Anyway i gave them the benifit of the doubt but again this month its happened and i dont have the reciept!

I have had

Bannana's when opened were so rotten they had mould in them when peeled

Fish fillet for ds's food - was gone off and now my house stinks

Pork Chop - again gone off

bread - had a big hole all the way through the loaf!

so pissed off im going to bloddy tesco next time!

starlover Thu 07-Jul-05 18:36:00

go to sainsburys! tesco are just as bad... seriously... can't STAND them.

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:39:25

Sainsburys are expensive last time i shopped there!

starlover Thu 07-Jul-05 18:41:43

yeah but at least your food doesn't go off!"

i was spending more at tesco's than i do at sainsburys because i kept having to replace the mouldy fruit!

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:43:08

Good point Star! i havent had a problem with our local tesco - and asda are good for clothes. the only other ne we have is Waitrose and im not made of money!

Milliways Thu 07-Jul-05 18:44:33

Have recently discovered Aldi - the fruit & veg is fab & it is soooo cheap!

starlover Thu 07-Jul-05 18:45:34

i shopped at waiytrose once and was quite disappointed... didn't like their own brand stuff much

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:45:37

Never heard of it!

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:46:20

we have a marks and spencers near us to - have you seent he adds for there food they make it look so nice

starlover Thu 07-Jul-05 18:46:57

oooh yes m&s food is LOVELY! mmmmmm

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:47:30

£££££££££

starlover Thu 07-Jul-05 18:47:48

yes... but worth it now and then!

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:49:02

yep - the choccy pudding is divine

spidermama Thu 07-Jul-05 18:50:22

I love waitrose but we're going through an asda period due to dh's current lack of work. Grrrrr!

lilaclotus Thu 07-Jul-05 18:51:42

i've had really awful quality stuff from morrisons and sainsburys, especially with mouldy fruit & veg. tesco however has never let me down, not even on own brand stuff.

Nightynight Thu 07-Jul-05 18:55:18

charlee - Ive had bad goats milk from Asda too, several times, and it wasnt even out of date! Its so unfair on delamere dairy, because I dont think its their fault, its how the milk is handled by Asda.

Ive bought out of date food from Tesco in the past though.

charleepeters Thu 07-Jul-05 18:56:06

Seems there all the same - i willhave to scrutinise every product i buy in future

SoupDragon Thu 07-Jul-05 18:57:57

Tesco's delivery lets me down every week. I have their customer service number on speed dial.

Tortington Thu 07-Jul-05 19:10:08

dont use big supermarkets if at all possible they are evil

Nightynight Thu 07-Jul-05 19:11:49

sigh - I know custard, but you cant get goats milk & butter in small shops

Nightynight Thu 07-Jul-05 19:12:36

and I dont have the sort of life where I can visit a monthly farmers market thats held (naturally) during working hours where you can buy these things for a fortune.

spidermama Thu 07-Jul-05 19:16:17

I may have the answer nightynight: I still can't do links but www.wheatanddairyfree.com.

Nightynight Thu 07-Jul-05 19:34:22

spidermama, thank you for this very interesting site.
we're on the breadline though! so cant really do big deliveries, much as I would like to.

am currently in Germany, where there are whole supermarkets selling nowt but organic foods. Full of English mummies here in Munich, talking to their beautifully dressed toddlers with very posh accents!

Janh Thu 07-Jul-05 19:43:37

Any time you buy food past its sell-by date tell your council! It's a fineable offence!

£15,000 fine for Waitrose in East Sussex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now