Talk

Advanced search

When to drop feeds?

(6 Posts)
charleepeters Tue 05-Jul-05 21:59:28

DS is 10 months and is still having 4 milk feeds a day and apparently most babies his age have only 2 milk feeds a day at 10 months. he is dairy intolerent so his bottles are his only source of calcium, he is also having 3 solid meals a day. Can i just ask if your baby was Dairy intolerent what age did you grop milk feeds? and how do i go about it???

May i just add his 4 bottles are 7 oz and his routine is.

6am - 70z bottle

8am - breakfast & juice/wate
r
10am - 7oz bottle

12mid day - lunch

2pm - 7oz bottle

4pm - dinner

6.30 pm 7oz bottle

His dietician told us about 2 months ago to up his bottles from 6oz to 7oz and that he was having a good amount of milk/food but im worried he will always be on bottles.

also how can i get him to hold a bottle cup by himself he can because he occasionally does when hes laying down for a nap but mostly wont.

any input would be great thanks xx

QueenEagle Tue 05-Jul-05 22:02:04

Hiya CP

I had ds4 weighed today and chatted with my HV about feeds and weaning etc. She advised the following, but obviously adjust it to suit you and your own baby.

At 9 months aim for baby having 3 bottles and 3 meals

At 12 months aim for baby having 2 bottles and 3 meals

Soon after aim to have only bedtime bottle and 3 meals of ordinary family food.

QueenOfQuotes Tue 05-Jul-05 22:05:16

"At 12 months aim for baby having 2 bottles and 3 meals

Soon after aim to have only bedtime bottle and 3 meals of ordinary family food."

DS2 - now 19 months has

9ish Breakfast - 2 wheetabix

9.30ish Milk - Full bottle (about 9 or 10 oz)

12 - Lunch - Bread, cheese, ham, cucumber etc etc

3pm - Another full bottle

6pm - Dinner - a good helping of whatever we're eating, sometimes followed by yoghurt

7.30pm - Another full bottle

charleepeters Tue 05-Jul-05 22:05:34

Ds weighs 17lb 5oz - hes ok wothout so many bottles i jsut worry about his calcium intake as he doesnt have chees/yoghurt ect.

to drop bottles do i swap them to water juice as he will only nap witha bottle of liquid.

does anyone knoe about the cup bottle holding thing?

QueenOfQuotes Tue 05-Jul-05 22:06:46

oh re bottle holding

DS2 didn't really start holding his bottles (despite much cajooling from me) until he was about 12 months old.

And it's only been in the last couple of months that he'll hold it himself for EVERY milk (although he still likes a cuddle when having it)

charleepeters Tue 05-Jul-05 22:08:21

im not to sure if he needs more hes only a small baby for his age - hes on the 4th line thingy in his wieght and height chsrt. - what other foods have calcium in bearing in mind he can do finger foods and lump really well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now