Talk

Advanced search

birthday brekkie ideas please

(12 Posts)
sweetmonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 09:54:19

its my dp's birthday next week. i was thinking of going round there early in the morn to do him a special breakfast, just wanted some ideas really
thought maybe freshly cooked croissants and bucks fizz althhough he will have to drive to work after so not sure about the alcohol. just need some inspiration please

TIA

soapbox Tue 05-Jul-05 10:05:21

Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, served with toasted bagels and a glass of champagne(one should be ok to drive on)!

Or mixed berries served with yoghurt and freshly baked muffins.

Bucks fizz always seems such a waste of champagne to me - would rather have it just as it comes

sweetmonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 10:11:11

yeah i agree with you on that one. i have the day booked off so i guess i could drink it LOL

sweetmonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 10:42:17

lilaclotus Tue 05-Jul-05 10:45:29

ohh that all sounds lovely. i got egg & soldiers as breakfast in bed on my birthday!

swiperfox Tue 05-Jul-05 10:47:15

For dp's 40th i did the scrambled eggs with fresh salmon in toasted brioche rolls and champagne. It was gorgeous!!!!

If you want i'll find you the recipe - it's ever so easy and quick to make

sweetmonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 10:49:12

well i know its for his birthday but i dont eat smoked salmon or egg so does anyone have anythig a bit plainer,
im a nightmare i know , thanks for the offer of the recipe though

roosmum Tue 05-Jul-05 10:49:25

swiper that sounds yum!

big bowl of strawberries (with or w/o champagne) wd be fab IMO & v. seasonal ATM

swiperfox Tue 05-Jul-05 10:50:31

recipe

sweetmonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 10:54:48

i suppose i could make it just for him. delias recipes are usually yummy
thanks for the recipe

purpleturtle Tue 05-Jul-05 10:57:54

pancakes with strawberries and cream

sweetmonkey Tue 05-Jul-05 13:32:18

Marmite Sausage and Melted Cheese Grilled Sandwich

Ingredients
Serves 4 people:

4 Sausages
Marmite Yeast Extract
4 Thick slices of bread
100g grated Cheddar cheese
Recipe
Brush the sausages with MARMITE and grill or pan fry until cooked, turning occasionally.

Spread the bread with a little butter and a thin layer of MARMITE.

Slice the sausages in half lengthways and place on top of the bread.

Sprinkle with the grated cheese and place under a hot grill. Cook until the cheese is bubbling.
Previous | Recipe 1 of 6 | Next

How does this sound served with fresh orange juice and filter coffee. and then save the champagne for the evening

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now