Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can I give 1yr DD to eat???

(5 Posts)
kbaby Mon 04-Jul-05 22:23:20

Help,
I used to always home cook all DD's food but then I strated back to work and was spending all sundays batch cooking and freezing. After a while I decided that being with DD was more important and ive now resorted to 1 home cook meal and 1 jar a day. The problem is I cant think what to give DD to eat. My MIL looks after her in the day so its needs to be something that she can cook easily or I can give her. Poor DD is getting fed up of fish pie and pasta.
I have no imagination and even DH and I live on jar sauces with various meat/pasta etc.

tortoiseshell Mon 04-Jul-05 22:26:35

Lasagne is easy, and you can make large batches and freeze them, or make a big bolognese sauce. Shepherd's pie is good, can be frozen, or fish fingers are really easy. If she'll eat it, my dd loves those salmon fillets that you steam in the microwave (take 3 minutes) with some broccoli. Home made pizzas are good too - just get some french bread, cut in half lengthways, add some tomatoes and cheese and anything else you like, and bake for 10 minutes.

helsi Mon 04-Jul-05 22:29:10

small tins of pasta in tomato sauce such as heinz character shapes.

beans on toast

scrambled egg

strips of roasted chicken and peas/carrots etc

small yorkshire pudding cut into peices with veg and a bit of homemade gravy

lunachic Mon 04-Jul-05 22:33:28

my dd had sweet and sour pork last week mixed with rice the sauce was a seeds of change organic jar a(mild tasting lots of pineapples) and organic pork from tesco -she loved it
tonight she had mashed potatoes mixed with smoked mackrel, sweetcorn and boursin garlic and herb cheese she ate all of it
its qiute suprising sometimes what a one year old will eat so far ive hardly found anything she wont !

helsi Mon 04-Jul-05 22:34:21

yes rice and mash and cheese is a good idea. dd loved those too at 1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now