Talk

Advanced search

HELP.. Sour milk.. does it make you really ill??

(9 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Sun 03-Jul-05 09:57:58

Just made ds and me porridge with milk. Used moslty skimmed and a little full fat. Tasted fine then ds wanted extra milk on.. so being a bit naughty i had some too (full fat). It was rank and completely off. Thing is ds and I had eaten most of it already and now i feel ick (he says he is ok). When i say this milk was off.. it was bad. Is this going to make us both ill??

Sorry if am panicking just wouldnt want ds to be poorly.

Flamesparrow Sun 03-Jul-05 10:02:47

There's not a lot you can do now... I think it will be a shortlived sickness if there is any.

xxx

NotQuiteCockney Sun 03-Jul-05 10:03:36

I don't think so ... there are lots of recipes with sour milk (although I think you cook it?). And milk sours in your stomach if you drink it, and then have an orange, for example.

basketcase Sun 03-Jul-05 10:04:35

I remember on brownie camp having sour milk with all our breakfasts and all of us complaining like mad. We were told to just eat up and drink it - still remember that it was like grapefruit juice. Still, we all had it and can’t remember any of us being ill.
Sure you will be fine xx

MamaMaiasaura Sun 03-Jul-05 10:06:45

I think i feel more sick for the taste and prob psychological. Ds is fine running around. Thing is it is cravendale which has to be usd within so many days but because the date on the side was saying 14 july i forgot.

happymerryberries Sun 03-Jul-05 10:07:30

No, it doesn't taste nice, but shouldn't make you ill

TinyGang Sun 03-Jul-05 10:09:24

I'm sure it'll be ok.

Sour milk is one of those things that really makes me gag, so if I thought I'd had some I might want to be sick - sort of a psycological reaction! I don't expect it's that harmful in itself though.

SoupDragon Sun 03-Jul-05 11:19:51

Not in my experience. DS1 once guzzled down a beaker of off milk, didn't complain abut the taste and was 100% fine. Amazing because it smelt dreadful.

MamaMaiasaura Sun 03-Jul-05 11:29:50

I think it was more psychological feeling sick tbh ds been absolutely fine. It tasted so so vile tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now