Talk

Advanced search

Susan Reimer Muffin book - help, please!

(8 Posts)
stealthsquiggle Wed 06-Jan-10 10:07:37

Could someone who owns this book please help me out. Someone (DC or DH - extensive investigation has failed to reveal which angry) spilled something over mine and failed to notice until the pages had stuck together irrevocably.

I need the ingredients list for the Summer Fruits muffins, and that is one of the completely ruined pages. I resorted to trying the hummingbird bakery version last night and they are, frankly, revolting.

I am going to have to buy another copy, but need to make muffins today for visitors.

stealthsquiggle Wed 06-Jan-10 15:50:44

no one? sad

rainbowinthesky Wed 06-Jan-10 15:52:51

Give me a sec and I'll type it out for you.

stealthsquiggle Wed 06-Jan-10 15:54:14

rainbow you are my hero - I literally just need quantities...

rainbowinthesky Wed 06-Jan-10 15:55:31

10 oz (280g) plain flour
3 teaspoons (15ml) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) salt
4-5 oz (110-140g) white granulated sugar
1 egg
8 fl oz (240ml) milk
3fl oz (90 ml) veg oil or 3 oz (85g) buter melted
5-6 oz (140-170g) summer fruit

rainbowinthesky Wed 06-Jan-10 15:56:20

You're welcome smile

stealthsquiggle Wed 06-Jan-10 15:56:52

Thank you so much. That is less than half the sugar the hummingbird bakery ones had, which may go a long way to explain why they tasted so vile grin

oxocube Tue 23-Nov-10 11:26:56

Hmm .... thanks for this recipe. I lent my Susan Reimer book to someone months ago and they still haven't returned it despite numerous reminders hmm

Tried the Hummingbird cupcake recipe yesterday and they were very dense and too sweet. Just made blueberry and white choc muffins to this recipe. I love the Susan Reimer book - works every time!

Just noticed that this is an old thread but thanks all the same smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now