Talk

Advanced search

Help...DD won't eat lumps! cup/bottle advice

(7 Posts)
thebavs Fri 01-Jul-05 10:23:31

hi!my DD is almost 10months and after yet another cold has reverted back to eating Stage 1 weaning foods! she won't entertain lumps (Ready Brek is about as lumpy as she'll do) and eats very few finger foods despite me trying to give her them at most meals. She's not a great eater at the best of times (last night she refused to eat any tea...I tried 3 different things).any advice as I would like her to move on from puree?! Also when should I move from bottle to cup (with spout) for milk? she drinks with no problems from Avent cup or is a cup without the 'valve' better?????! I'm getting obsessed with this whole eating thing!

angelkiss Fri 01-Jul-05 12:51:18

Sorry, I'm new at this (have just changed name also as didn't like thebavs!). Have I posted my message correctly? it's just that no-one's answered

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 15:29:21

dd did this a few times when she wasn't feeling well. Keep perservering. She didn't do 'finger' foods so well as tiny things loved sultanas? cut up blueberries in half? I think she liked practising her pincer grip, peas?
Does she eat yoghurts?
dd had avent cup with valve for water and avent bottles with the avent cup top for milk which is a good way of transferring as they see the bottle as a bottle it just has a different end.
She now uses the tommee tipee cup from 4mths with the flip lid which is so much easier to clean. Recommend trying this for water soon.
Keep working on the food, she will eventually just get it.

saadia Fri 01-Jul-05 16:15:50

angelkiss (I thought thebavs was very original!)could you gradually make the purees more and more lumpy. For example, something like pasta with broccoli, cheese and tomato blended so that the pasta is in small pieces. Ds also isn't keen on chewing but he'll have that.

lucy5 Fri 01-Jul-05 16:33:00

i would build up the lumps, it may take a while but blend it less over days, weeks etc. Fingerfoods, try things she will like grapes blue beeries, eggy bread etc

angelkiss Fri 01-Jul-05 22:22:58

thanks for all the advice. will keep perservering. we tried a bit of toast with tiny bit of marmite tonight which was ok (mostly played with but at least it kind of went near dd's mouth) I also think she maybe playing me up a bit as my mum fed her tonight and although she had to distract her a little, it seemed far easier!?
will definitely try the avent cup top for milk. did you just use the tommee tippee cup for water?

Chuffed Sat 02-Jul-05 20:28:38

Yes the coloured cup for water initially and used the clear bottles for milk with the same top cups, you can just buy the cup tops and put them in where the teat is in the bottles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now