Talk

Advanced search

Smoothies are gorgeous!

(5 Posts)
Posey Thu 30-Jun-05 20:58:49

Had my first smoothie yesterday and it was brill. So today dd said she wanted one. Don't have a recipe book or a smoothie maker so we improvised. A small juicy melon, few ripe strawberries, an overripe banana, a strawberry yogurt (no natural ones) and a glug of milk to make it runnier. Whisked it all up with my multiprac thing I had for pureeing, and bobs your uncle, the most delicious and nutricious drink. Even ds, who's slightly fruit phobic, had some, lured by the pink colour and the straw.
Can't wait to try again tomorrow!

SoupDragon Thu 30-Jun-05 21:04:33

You don't need a recipe book at all.

frozen blueberries are good - make it nice and cold! I tend to blend up individual fruit when it's on offer, freeze it in ice cube trays and then bung in as required. Tinned peaches (in juice) etc are good standby items too.

tessasmum Thu 30-Jun-05 21:15:24

We've been doing this for ages as Dd seems to think fruit in its natural state is poisonous!!!
Use a hand-blender and throw in whatever we have and all have some for breakfast. Tend to use apple juice to thin it rather than yogurt/milk.
Today it was peaches/raspberries and apple juice, yesterday peaches/pear and apple juice. Frozen mixed fruit is a great standby too, usually with banana and apple juice.

Mmmmm, thirsty now!

Posey Fri 01-Jul-05 20:05:16

Thanks for those ideas. Good idea to freeze portions when fruits on offer, especially those bogofs. Just hope when dh sees me pureeing and freezing in icecube trays he doesn't think we've got another baby hidden somewhere to wean!

Dd insisted on doing another one today after school, her choice of fruits. A lot of fun and a healthier after school snack than crisps or biscuits.

NotQuiteCockney Fri 01-Jul-05 20:06:35

I always use milk, plain yogurt, and banana, and then use something a bit tart - strawberry, plum and kiwi are all popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now