Talk

Advanced search

tommee tippee easiflow drinking beaker - dumb blonde needs help!

(12 Posts)
gigglinggoblin Wed 29-Jun-05 10:55:16

have just bought one of these for ds3. have read all packaging, filled it up - but have to bite the spout really hard to get any liquid out of it. have i missed something here? there is a bit of plastic sticking up into spout which stops the liquid leaking out, im assuming you dont remove this as there are no instructions to do so. ds3 wont look at it and its the only cup i have and dont want to go back to town in the rain for another. can someone please tell me if im doing it wrong? it says suitable for 9 months + and he is 13 months.

cant even work a baby cup now

northerner Wed 29-Jun-05 11:02:42

Ooh yes I had one of these for my ds. Total nightmare to get any fluid out of it - you do have to bite the spout. My ds is 3 and my Mum still give s him this at her house now, and it frustrates him even now as he can barely get a drop out.

I found anyway up cups much easier.

Kidstrack2 Wed 29-Jun-05 11:04:03

These cups take a bit of getting used to. Yes baby needs to bite the spout for any liquids to come out and yes just leave the piece that stops it from leaking. You could loosen it up a bit by putting it under hot water and biting it a few times yourself. Your ds will work it out before the end of the day!

gigglinggoblin Wed 29-Jun-05 11:31:30

thanks very much. i really struggled to get anything out and he gave it a go and then threw it on the floor. think im going to email them as not very happy - packaging says it is the easiset to use!

Carlk Wed 29-Jun-05 13:51:27

I bought one for My DD now 15mths, she was about 10 months then she couldnt work it out at all.
I only bought it cos the nursery had them and she was happy with theirs, and couldnt use the Avent ones. I think they loosen up with use (not much use unless you fancy drinking your tea through one for a month to break it in).
She happily uses the Avent cups now.

Gomez Wed 29-Jun-05 13:53:35

Exact opposite here DD2 has had no problems with them since about 6/7 months - but she didn't take bottles so don't know if that changes how they try to drink. She can't get a dribble out of an anyway-up cup thou'!

anchovies Wed 29-Jun-05 14:26:02

DS really likes his. He bit the spout straight away so no probs. Know lots of people have problems though. DS never liked avent so think it just depends on the child.

lilaclotus Wed 29-Jun-05 14:27:52

my dd could get them to work, but chewed the spout to bits, so went to anyway up cups and they were much better.

lunachic Wed 29-Jun-05 14:33:54

both my kids loved theirs once theyve used it for a week or two the water comes out much easier- my dd's favourite trick is shaking hers upside down so the water drips out and soaks everything !

gigglinggoblin Wed 29-Jun-05 20:24:30

o well, looks like it depends on the child. i emailed tommee tippee and got a response telling me that the child has to bite on the spout, not just suck. didnt seem to realise we were talking about a 1 year old who wouldnt understand me if i tried giving him instructions. he wont even look at it now cos he cant get it to work so no chance of breaking it in (im not doing it for him). thanks muchly for all replies!

juicychops Wed 29-Jun-05 21:14:33

my ds cant get anything out of these cups. i didnt know how it worked at forst and it took me ages!! im gunna cut the pointy bit out of my one. then at least ds can get some use out of it rather than it being left in the cupboard

icklelulu Fri 01-Jul-05 10:02:24

Yes I have one of these for my DS. Ive got one of the 6 month+ ones, he is 7 months and cant get much out just gets frustrated! I had trouble when I tried aswell so I can imagine how hard it is for a baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now