Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast ideas for 7 month old

(7 Posts)
Littlefish Mon 27-Jun-05 12:26:16

I started weaning my dd when she was 5 and a half months old and she's now 7 and a half months. It's going pretty well so far. Lunch is her favourite meal of the day - today she had 3 cubes of lumpy salmon, brocolli and rice cooked in coconut milk (yum yum!) followed by 2 cubes of smooth fruit puree, followed by 4 ounces of milk. She has mixed vegetables in the evening, followed by between 5 - 7 ounces of milk.

Breakfast, however, is a different matter. She's suddenly gone off everything. She has about 5 ounces of milk first and then her solids about 45 minutes later. So far I've tried fruit puree, rice with egg yolk, flaked rice with fruit, fingers of assorted fruit, packet baby cereals, but she refuses them all.

What should I do? Should I give her less milk? Solids first and then milk? Do nothing and just give up on breakfast solids for the moment?

She has between 5 and 7 ounces at each feed (4 feeds per day) and usually sleeps from 7pm to 7am.

Any ideas would be most welcome. We are still avoiding wheat and dairy due to intolerances in the family.

Flossam Mon 27-Jun-05 12:31:04

I know you said all cereals but my DS just loves the books organic creamy porridge, its sugar free too. DS is the same age and I have been wondering about cutting out the first feed of the day - but I give him BF in the morning and before bed and don't want to stop!!!

Littlefish Mon 27-Jun-05 12:32:33

Hi Flossam

Has the Boots porridge got milk in it?

Flossam Mon 27-Jun-05 12:35:46

Yes it has, it is one of their dried food range. Is dd not able to have that?

jessicasmummy Mon 27-Jun-05 12:36:41

a little bit of soggy weetabix goes down well with jess!

Littlefish Mon 27-Jun-05 12:46:07

We are still avoiding wheat and dairy because of intoleraces to both in the family. I will introduce them both when she is a bit older.

sazhig Mon 27-Jun-05 16:02:32

We are avoiding all allergens (dairy, gluten, cirtus etc) for a while so was having trouble finding interesting breakfasts a while ago. Lots of people recommended millet or quinoa. You can but them from health food shops either in grain or flake. I just mix them with water & cook for a few minutes (to make something like porridge) and then mix with whatever fruit I have in. Blueberries are great - they turn the mixture purple! Maybe your could give that a try?

Saying that though, my ds has started to eat a lot less at breakfast recently. I only introdiced it last month, when his appetite went up a lot & I was struggling to satisfy him either breast or food! He is now not eating so much so I think that was a growth spurt. If he is awake for breakfast I will give him something, but am not worried about how much he eats - it at least gives him a chance to sit and play with us as a family.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now