Talk

Advanced search

what to do with pork mince?

(8 Posts)
TracyK Sun 26-Jun-05 13:20:23

any recipe/cooking instruct for meatballs? I'm so fed up with normal mince - gone off the flavour - so I got some pork mince yesterday.

Caligula Sun 26-Jun-05 13:24:26

pork mince is nice done like a chili con carne but with pork instead of beef.

And it's also very good with sweet potato and chilli and kidney beans, plus red and green pepper and herbs - coriander or thyme, whichever you prefer. If coriander, chuck a bit of lime juice in as well.

And it's good stir-fried with lemon grass, ginger, coconut milk, chilli and soy and limejuice and a bit of brown sugar. Plus any veg you want to chuck in (red and green pepper and spring onion is good).

happymerryberries Sun 26-Jun-05 13:35:43

It is fab made up and apple and pork burgers

suzywong Sun 26-Jun-05 13:39:49

Yum Yum Caligula
They don't do free range pork over here, which is a big shame so I don't use it very often (17 years of vegetarianism still affects my conscience even though I am a born again carnivore)

fairyfly Sun 26-Jun-05 15:01:31

know what you mean sw, i was one for 12 years and still pretend i am subconciously

chipmonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 11:15:14

homemade sausages?

Lizzylou Mon 27-Jun-05 11:17:37

DS loves pork and apricot burgers......

eldestgirl Mon 27-Jun-05 11:49:44

Ken Hom's firecracker pork (Quick Wok). Leave out the chillies for the children and then add just b4 you eat it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now