Talk

Advanced search

baby gravy?

(12 Posts)
TrinaJ Tue 21-Jun-05 20:20:03

Used to use baby gravy from boots for my dd, but cannot get hold of it now for my ds! Is other gravy ok? or where else might i find baby gravy?

starlover Tue 21-Jun-05 20:22:14

ordinary gravy is far too high in salt for a baby.

have no idea where else to buy special gravy, but you could probably make it

foxinsocks Tue 21-Jun-05 20:24:12

you can get low salt bisto otherwise you can also get no/low salt stock in many supermarkets

flowerpotty Tue 21-Jun-05 20:29:39

I think Cow and Gate make a baby gravy and a baby cheese sauce...used to just buy mine in the supermarket.

flowerpotty Tue 21-Jun-05 20:29:41

I think Cow and Gate make a baby gravy and a baby cheese sauce...used to just buy mine in the supermarket.

TrinaJ Tue 21-Jun-05 21:32:19

Have tried supermarkets and boots, but mine are crap!! (sorry)
What about on-line or mail-order?

NannyJo Tue 21-Jun-05 21:39:42

there was a thred about this a while ago.

I was trying to find it, apparently they don't do it anymore.

I used veg stock from any veg i boiled and froze it in cubes then used it as and when needed.

They don't need too much flavouring any way else it will destroy their sensitive taste buds.

By about 8 months ish i used a tiny tiny drop of low salt gravey and that worked fine for casseroles etc, plus the juice from the chicken, beef etc flavoured enough.

Hope that helps.

TrinaJ Tue 21-Jun-05 21:46:55

That's great thanks, but am i being thick - how do you make stock or is it just juice from cooking?

nannyjo Tue 21-Jun-05 21:56:39

just the juice.Boil a load of veg or meat etc and save the juice then use that again in other things that need juice to cook in.

TBH i had it in the freezer but never used it cos by the time i'd cooked the veg etc it tasted fine without gravey.

It's not till they're older that they need stronger tastes, plain is good i've been told to not destroy their taste buds

TrinaJ Tue 21-Jun-05 21:58:44

Sounds good, and he's had it plain until now, well if it's not broke' don't fix it! Thanx

nannyjo Tue 21-Jun-05 22:02:22

it's good for them, the only thing is it gets boring cooking similar things over and over again but with slight varieties on veg etc.

What shall i cook tommorrow?? Casserole again.

It's good for them though it's got everything in it they need.

How old is your baby??

What things do you do now? perhaps you could give me some ideas?

TrinaJ Tue 21-Jun-05 22:20:21

He's only 7 months! I still freeze everything in cubes! then choose whatever combination i fancy.
At the mo. he has turkey, salmon, cod, courgette, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, as well as the usual. also i have started adding a cube of friut e.g mango, melon, papaya, plum etc.. to a couple of spoons of greek yoghurt, he loves it!! He loves his weetabix too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: