Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got Annabel Karmel's FAVOURITE FAMILY RECIPES book? Is it any good?

(5 Posts)
Puff Mon 20-Jun-05 11:18:51

I found her baby and toddler meal planner book a bit "faffy", but I am an impatient cook ?

If you do have it, can you just list a few recipe titles for me, plus what you think, before I buy another recipe book!

Thanks

Puff Mon 20-Jun-05 12:11:18

GeorginaA Mon 20-Jun-05 16:34:41

I don't have that one, but I have the previous edition which was called Family Meal Planner. There are a couple of faffy recipes in there, but there's also a whole lot of really easy, really yummy things in there which aren't overly "fussy" like most of my recipe books (even delia and jamie) appear to be. I use 2-3 recipes a week from it minimum.

Breakfasts (although I use these for lunches - just cereal and toast in our house, lol)

banana bread
savoury breakfast muffins
lemon and raisin drop scones

Lunches

loads of different soups - easy to make, but take time to cook. Not really labour intensive, but time intensive

quick ciabatta pizza

Pasta

15-minute tomato sauce
easy bolognese sauce (HUGELY popular in my house!)
penne with chicken, tomatoes & basil

Poultry

chicken balls in sweet & sour sauce
teriyaki chicken skewers (again, very popular)
turkey burgers

Meat

mini burgers with cheese stars
chinese style mince with noodles
multi-layered shepherds pie

Fish

10 minute prawn stir fry
perfect paella
posh fish fingers

Vegetarian

perfect chinese fried rice
summer risotto
caramelised onion and gruyere tart

cakes and biscuits

carrot cake
raspberry and white chocolate chip muffins
apricot and coconut muffins
mars bar and rice crispies slice

desserts

apple and blackberry pudding
very easy raspberry mousse
forest fruit lollies

Just some picked out at random... does that help?

Puff Mon 20-Jun-05 16:36:25

Great! Thanks Georgina , I'll buy it then as if the recipes are similar, I can cope with them!

GeorginaA Mon 20-Jun-05 18:24:09

Let me know how you get on with it! I keep meaning to go into the bookshop and have a good browse through the new one to see if there's a sufficient number of new recipes to make it worth "upgrading", lol.

Now if she'd just do all my meal planning, shopping and cooking I'd be sorted...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: