Vegetable Chilli/lasagne recipes please(6 Posts)
I have some books but would take ages to type out recipe (although I will if you're desperate).
Try doing a net search on vegetarian society - they have links to recipe pages so I'm sure you'll find what you want that way.
If you know how to cook chilli/lasagne with meat you could always do it exactly the same only substitute meat with quorn chunks.
there was definitely a thread like this about a week ago, try a search. hth.
VEGETABLE LASAGNA IN PARMESAN CREAM SAUCE
Makes: 9 servings
3 tbsp. butter or margarine
2 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 cups milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp. oil
3 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup shredded carrots
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
3 cups pizza shreds 4 cheese blend, divided
Preheat oven to 375F.
Melt butter in medium saucepan on low heat. Stir in flour, salt and ground red pepper; cook 2 min. or until bubbly, stirring frequently. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook on medium heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 3 min. Stir in Parmesan cheese; set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, onions and garlic; cook and stir 4 to 5 min. or until crisp-tender; set aside. Mix ricotta cheese and basil.
Spoon 1/4 cup of the Parmesan sauce into 12x8-inch baking dish; cover with layers of 3 of the noodles, 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of the vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the pizza shreds and 1/3 of the remaining Parmesan sauce. Repeat layers of noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, vegetable mixture, pizza shreds and Parmesan sauce. Top with remaining 3 noodles, remaining Parmesan sauce, remaining vegetable mixture and remaining 1 cup pizza shreds; cover.
Bake 55 minutes. Uncover. Bake an additional 5 min. or until hot and bubbly.
Round Out The Meal:
Serve this meatless main dish with a crisp, mixed green salad.
Substitute 2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained, for the chopped fresh broccoli. Add to the cooked vegetable mixture before layering with other ingredients as directed.
1 chicken stock cube (or vegetable stock cube if catering for vegetarians. I prefer the flavour the chicken stock cube gives though)
2 level tablespoons of flour
½ pint of milk
salt and pepper (I tend to omit this as I forget, and it's probably healthier without and there's salt in the stock - still tasty)
175g lasagne (although this depends on the dish size - get the quick cook stuff not the one you have to precook)
175g grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F Gas Mark 5)
2. Place the chopped vegetables in a saucepan with the stock cube and ¼ pint boiling water. Yes, I know that doesn't look enough fluid, but trust me, it is. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook gently for one minute, stirring. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk. Bring to the boil and continue to cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens, then add seasoning to taste. If too thick, add a little stock from the vegetables.
4. Put layers of vegetables, lasagne, and only two thirds of the cheese (alternatively!) in a shallow, oblong or square, 3 pint dish, finishing with a layer of lasagne. Pour the sauce over the top and cover with the rest of the cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve with salad and/or crusty bread.
Serves: 4. Unless you're us where 2½ people get through the whole batch because we go back for seconds...
Join the discussion
Please login first.