Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

need a recipe for fish fingers

(9 Posts)
gloworm Sun 19-Jun-05 15:58:25

homemade chicken nuggets have been such a sucess I would now like to try making fish fingers as theyare ds fav food.

does anyone have a good recipe? do you add anything to the fish for flavour? or just coat the pieces with egg/breadcrumbs?

also i rarely have eggs at home, so any suggestions for coating them that do not involve eggs??

thanks

bunny2 Sun 19-Jun-05 16:47:03

was it Enids chicken nugg recipe? Must try it. I did make homemade smiley faces but they were disgusting!

cricket Sun 19-Jun-05 16:49:02

Annabel Karmel has a recipe for fingers of sole which are basically fish fingers - she uses cornflakes to coat. Have not tried this but sounds quite good!

GeorginaA Sun 19-Jun-05 17:09:50

Heheh... I was about to post this Chicken nuggets have been a big fave here, have been making my own burgers too... only thing left to eradicate is shop bought fish fingers

We've tried the annabel karmel sole ones, but to be honest they didn't work very well and the kids weren't keen. Need something more of a birds eye fish finger consistency while having more control over the ingredients....

MaloryTowers Sun 19-Jun-05 17:15:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gloworm Mon 20-Jun-05 20:15:03

bump

sunchowder Mon 20-Jun-05 21:11:53

Here's one from Emerill: (American)

Fried Fish Fingers

Vegetable oil, for frying
1 pound whiting fillets
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 cup corn flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons milk
2 lemons, halved
Tartar Sauce, recipe follows

Preheat the oil in a large cast iron or heavy bottom pot, over medium heat.
Cut the fillets, horizontally into strips, 1/2-inch thick. Season the fish with salt and pepper.

Combine the flours and season with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of fish in the flour, coating completely. Dip each piece in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off. Dredge the fish for a second time in the flour, coating completely. Fry the fish in batches until crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Serve the fish with lemon halves and tartar sauce. Garnish with parsley.

Xena Mon 20-Jun-05 21:40:43

Sorry we use eggs (when we didn't have any the 'batter' didn't stick)
cod or coley- I buy the frozen 6 in a pack that are cut in rectangles, defrost them cut into half.
Coat in flour (or cornflour for gluten free)
Coat in egg
Coat in crushed cornflakes (crushed to a consisitency you like)
Then put in the oven for 25 mins at about 200

aloadoffishyballs Mon 20-Jun-05 21:41:33

get the lemon sole goujons from the fresh fiosh ocunter delish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now