Talk

Advanced search

Tomato soup is on the hob

(4 Posts)
Curiousmama Thu 12-Nov-09 15:25:18

I've made lots of soup before but never tried tomato. I've just made some for tea, it smells nice but don't know if it'll come up to heinz's mark? wink Luckily dss are adventurous so should like it? I've bought their favourite spelt and rye bread from Morrisons so that'll keep them happy smile

PlasticBandit Thu 12-Nov-09 21:19:25

I love all tomato-ey stuff apart from tomato soup.
I thought this was because commercial soup was crap, so I decided to make my own, thinking it would be much nicer.
After careful cooking of said soup, I tasted it in anticipation of delicious soup. It tasted exactly like Heinz! This is great if you like Heinz, but I wanted something more home-made and tomato-ish, IYKWIM?
I hope your dss liked it. The bread sounds good.

Curiousmama Thu 12-Nov-09 22:40:52

Have you tried adding corriander or orange to your soup? Mine doesn't taste like heinz it's more like gazpacho (sp?) Everyone liked it but next time I'll remove the pips, this recipe didn't say too. They weren't too much of a problem and everyone ate plenty. There's still a lot left though.

southeastastra Thu 12-Nov-09 22:41:26

add a tin of tomato soup grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now