Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a baby-friendly chicken korma recipe?

(5 Posts)
Bambinoloveseggbirds Thu 12-Nov-09 09:37:37

Looked at Annabel Karamel but she uses shop-bought korma paste and I can't find a low salt/nut free one. Ever so grateful if anyone could post a recipe that I can cook from scratch omitting the salt and nuts, or recommend a low salt/nut free shop bought paste. DS is 10 months btw.

Thank you smile

Arsed Thu 12-Nov-09 09:41:43

Jamie Oliver has a bit in his ministry of food book where he makes his own korma paste.

I have given My 10mo DS korma made from the paste, i dont think it's that salty when you consider how little they eat. I hadnt even considered the nuts blush

LackaDAISYcal Thu 12-Nov-09 09:52:36

Korma, by its nature, is pretty child friendly anyway is it not?

The nuts are only an issue if there is a family history and are pulped so nothing that can be choked on?

Or am I missing something?

that aside, there is a great kit of spices you can buy in the supermarket, Sainsbury's stock it, which is all the spices you need to make one korma. You add all the other ingredients, so you can easily make your own nut free version.

ditto if you have an indian recipe book; it's not hard to make from scratch.

Bambinoloveseggbirds Thu 12-Nov-09 10:06:10

Thank you both.

LacksaDAISY, re nuts, I had asthma, have hay fever and oral allergy syndrome so I'm being a bit careful with DS.

I like the kit of spices idea from Sainsburys as I can control what goes in. Will probably try that.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 12-Nov-09 11:17:14

ah the nuts thing makes sense then smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now