Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

advise needed on water for a 13mth old????

(10 Posts)
jinglybits Sun 19-Jun-05 00:32:06

do i still need to give cooled boiled water or can i serve it straight from the tap now?!

janeybops Sun 19-Jun-05 00:40:53

i used to give it straight from the tap.

jackeroo Sun 19-Jun-05 00:44:49

DS is 12 months and i've been giving it to him from the tap for a couple of months with no problems (we were also told it was good for his teeth as there's fluoride in tap water in many areas).

jabberwocky Sun 19-Jun-05 01:42:10

We use bottled water simply because ours tastes so terrible. I do not, however, buy the water with fluoride added. So many children have fluorosis (sp?) now that I'm actually being rather careful with how much ds gets.

jinglybits Sun 19-Jun-05 13:01:51

Its so confusing! thought i read that bottled water has unsuitable levels of something or other (!) for babies...or is 13mths not a baby anymore?!

tillykins Sun 19-Jun-05 13:23:03

I use tap water for DS who is 20m and have done for ages now, though usually, I use it via the filter jug

tillykins Sun 19-Jun-05 13:23:45

I think some bottled water has added calcium etc and "they" say this isn't very good for an infant

footprint Sun 19-Jun-05 13:25:20

My 13 mth dd has been drinking tap water for ages now, and started letting her have bottled water at about 12 mths.
hth

Gobbledigook Sun 19-Jun-05 13:28:32

I give my 9 month old water from the tap - did with the other 2 as well. No problems.

jinglybits Mon 20-Jun-05 22:58:15

thankyou have been doling out the tap water today, thankyou for your reassurance! Have one more query..am so used to warming milk up for ds but now its so hot is it fine to give him straight from the fridge? (he's 13mths) or is room temperature better, that goes for water too?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now