Talk

Advanced search

Milk - where to buy other than supermarket?

(17 Posts)
mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 13:17:00

Does everyone buy their milk from the supermarket? My local post-office has a limited amount of milk and I did ask last week if they could stock a particular type but they didn't want to do it because it hadn't sold when they'd tried it before.

I can't get to a supermarket and am not entirely happy buying my milk there anyway and wondered if there was an alternative and how I'd find it!

PyrotechnicToadstool Wed 11-Nov-09 13:18:19

I buy milk in Tesco express or the paper shop.

Get it delivered?

Stinkyfeet Wed 11-Nov-09 13:19:51

Milkman?
I always find that milk I buy anywhere other than the supermarket goes off much quicker, so personally wouldn't usually buy from anywhere else.

WhatDidISayRoy Wed 11-Nov-09 13:20:23

there are still milks roundsman who deliver. What about your farm shop. Or are you right in town?

choppychopster Wed 11-Nov-09 13:22:52

We have ours delivered www.milkandmore.co.uk. Occassionally we run out and I'll pick some up from the newsagents or co-op round the corner.

CMOTdibbler Wed 11-Nov-09 13:25:33

I usually buy mine at my local farmshop

Egg Wed 11-Nov-09 13:27:26

We use milkman (through milkandmore as well). We have it delivered every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Initially costs more per pint than supermarket but once you get more than 16 pints per week (we get 26 I think!) they take 12p off each pint or something similar making it more reasonable.

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 13:30:01

I am in commuter-ville but don't drive. I'm sure there is a milkman but not sure how to find one (I'll have a look at the link). I did wonder about asking the man who delivers to the post office but thought I'd offer them the trade first because I know them - not that it's going to be a huge amount for them but ykwim!

Thanks for the replies!

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 13:33:34

milk and more don't cover my area sad. Wow, 26 pints a week!! There's only ds and I here so only use about 8-10 grin. The cost doesn't bother me after realising how much of a loss the farmers make by selling to supermarkets. Also, I'd happily pay for the convenience of not having to try and get to a supermarket a couple of times a week.

PCPlumIsMyHomeboy Wed 11-Nov-09 13:38:18

where do you live?

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 13:42:41

South Wales

PCPlumIsMyHomeboy Wed 11-Nov-09 13:45:26

thought so. I'm in Carduff, and Cross's Dairy come to me, but if you put your nearest town into yell.com, they should come up with one nearer you:

[http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=dairy&companyName=&location=cardiff&x=0 &y=0&ssm=0&scrambleSeed=62566996&M=0]

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 13:49:09

Thanks! I was just about to investigate dairy crest too...

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 13:50:12

Bugger, that's was the milk and more site!

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 14:23:56

Ok, have found a farm shop that delivers milk and fruit/veg so am giving that a go! Thanks for your help and suggestions.

extremelychocolateymilkroll Wed 11-Nov-09 14:25:17

We get our veg from Riverford and they also deliver milk.

mogs0 Wed 11-Nov-09 14:28:50

Ooh, I looked at them a while ago but must have got side-tracked! I'll keep them in mind if the other place doesn't work out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now