Talk

Advanced search

chicken casserole with whole chicken?

(10 Posts)
staryeyed Mon 09-Nov-09 11:40:22

I have a small whole chicken and would like to make a casserole. Can I do this with a whole chicken? - I have no idea how to cut up a chicken and would probably end up with quite a mess.

staryeyed Mon 09-Nov-09 11:52:11

Have I asked another stupid question? Shall I put on a dunce cap and stand in the corner?

colditz Mon 09-Nov-09 11:54:34

Get a big knife and ut it's legs and wings off. Then you can cut the body into 4 more easily.

You can cassarole a wholechicken but it's pointless really. The point ofcassarole is to use leftovers!

staryeyed Mon 09-Nov-09 11:58:18

Yes I know. Dp bought this very small chicken which was supposed to be for roast but it was just to small.

Grandhighpoohba Mon 09-Nov-09 12:25:29

this should help

Doesnt matter if it isn't neat.

plus you get the bones for stock, if you feel like showing off (tis very easy)

its often cheaper to use a whole chicken than to buy the pieces for a casserole.

DS once brought me home all the rubbish from preschool. He knew I liked throwing things away.

Sorry! I thought I was on the best presents thread!

bubblagirl Mon 09-Nov-09 12:53:25

yes you can casserole small whole chicken we have we normally use legs but have used whole chicken popped into casserole dish with onions carrots veg of choice casserole sauce and just slow cooked for hours on number 2 or 3 the chicken simply just falls off the bone its lush

NorksDrift Mon 09-Nov-09 12:54:33

Make poule au pot

StirlingSwooshBang Mon 09-Nov-09 14:59:15

I have done this Mediterranean Pot Roast Chicken a few times and it is lovely - no need to chop the chicken up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now