ggglimpopo Fri 17-Jun-05 08:45:11

Message withdrawn

ggglimpopo Fri 17-Jun-05 08:59:31

Message withdrawn

LGJ Fri 17-Jun-05 09:01:13

Coronation chicken for main

Kelly1978 Fri 17-Jun-05 09:02:15

Hi,
don't actually know about the nigella sald, but it sounds nice. I make a nice mediterranean salad which goes down quite well, with rice, avocado and eggs and stuff.

LGJ Fri 17-Jun-05 09:02:19

Pudding is going to be a diffy one...

First thought was a lime and marscapone torte bout round dish square box.

Kelly1978 Fri 17-Jun-05 09:04:34

can't u make the torte in ramikins instead? That's what I do with cheesecakes, etc.

csa Fri 17-Jun-05 09:05:48

bring a basket of fresh english strawberries and a tub of cream for pudding? it is after all wimbledon season.

LGJ Fri 17-Jun-05 09:07:10

Brilliant idea.

GGGGGGGG if you want the recipe let me know

ggglimpopo Fri 17-Jun-05 09:09:14

Message withdrawn

LGJ Fri 17-Jun-05 11:29:46

200g pack of ginger snap biscuits

2 oz of melted butter

2 x 250g of Marscapone Cheese

1 1/2 oz of sifted icing sugar

Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes

Some grated dark chocolate to sprinkle.

Make the biscuit base, and put in a tin or in your case ramekins.

Place the marscapone, icing sugar, lime zest and juice in a bowl and beat together.

Spread over the buscuit base and leave to chill for at least 30 minutes.

Serve with a yummy muscat.

QED

hoxtonchick Fri 17-Jun-05 11:38:02

yummy nigel slater salad:

Chicken salad with watercress, almonds and orange
The main-course salads I value the most are those that are refreshing. This, with salty soy-toasted pumpkin seeds and the clean fresh taste of oranges, is one of the best. You could serve couscous with it if you wish, or perhaps a Lebanese tabbouleh.
3 tbsps olive oil
1 heaped tsp grain mustard
2 tsps red-wine vinegar
3 tbsps pumpkin seeds
a little dark soy sauce
2 tbsps whole, skinned almonds
50g watercress
1 large orange
250g cooked chicken - grilled or left from a roast
Make the dressing: whisk together the olive oil, mustard and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
Put the pumpkin seeds on a grill pan or in a non-stick frying pan and sprinkle them with soy sauce. Toast them under a grill or over a moderate heat for a couple of minutes until they smell toasty. The soy will have dried.
Toast the almonds under a hot grill or in a dry non-stick frying pan. Be careful - they burn in seconds.
Wash the watercress. Peel the orange, scrupulously peeling away the white pith with a sharp knife. Slice the orange in half, then into thin slices, catching as much of the juice as you can and tipping it in with the dressing.
Put the orange slices in the dressing. Tear the chicken into large, juicy pieces, then add it to the dressing. Divide the watercress between two plates, lay the chicken and orange on top, drizzle over some dressing, then scatter over the almonds and pumpkin seeds and serve straightaway. Serves 2.

obv. you'd need to increase the quantities, but you could assemble all the bits there. pancetta works well instead of chicken too.

Marina Fri 17-Jun-05 11:39:36

Oh, I was going to suggest Pain Bagnat but that is a bit coals to Aquitaine...

LGJ Sat 18-Jun-05 00:34:31

ggglimpopo

Put us foodies, out of our misery.............what are you cooking ??

LGJ Sat 18-Jun-05 08:24:02

ggglimpopo Sat 18-Jun-05 22:14:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now