Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Freezing onions?

(4 Posts)
rara67 Thu 05-Nov-09 13:41:18

I have just ordered a chopper from Pampered Chef to finely chop onions (and other things)and because it's quite a task to clean, I thought I would chop a few onions at a time and then put them into bags an pop them into the freezer. Does this work? Do you need to defrost or could they go into spag bol/ casserole from frozen? Thanks

happysmiley Thu 05-Nov-09 16:19:22

i've never tried doing them raw but my mum fries them first and then freezes them. think it works fine for her

3LegsandNoTail Thu 05-Nov-09 19:54:18

You can buy frozen (uncooked) onoins in TEsco so I think they'll probably be fine.

StirlingSwooshBang Thu 05-Nov-09 23:01:26

I haven't done this with onions but I have with leeks. When I have bought too many, I finely chop them and then freeze in bags. Then, when I am doing a soup, I just get the bag out of the freezer and put them straight in the pan and there is no difference with the finished soup.

I think if you read the info on websites about this they tell you to cook first but I dont and all is well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now