Talk

Advanced search

macrobiotic cooking - how easy?

(5 Posts)
DuelingFanjo Wed 04-Nov-09 11:28:41

Hi all. Today's helpful 'this is how you will get pregnant' tip has come from a doctor friend of my DH. She suggests I do a macrobiotic diet but looking at the recipes I have no idea where to start.

How easy is it to cook in a macrobiotic way? Where can I get things like Brown Rice Syrup and Seitan?

Help.

nikki1978 Wed 04-Nov-09 14:11:05

It is a very hard diet to follow. I couldn't do it myself. You need to have a lot of stuff like pressure cooker and pans made from a certain metal etc. I would buy a book if I were you but to be honest it is very complicated stuff. You could just go for a diet were you eat the following; fruits, vegetables, salads, grains (whole only), pulses, soya, nuts. I would personally add some fish,lean meat and eggs but that is not macrobiotic.

TBH can't you just eat healthily? Macrobiotics is SO much hassle and expense and time.

DuelingFanjo Wed 04-Nov-09 14:22:01

I do eat healthily really. I read trhough some online stuff and I am already eating nuts, veg and wholegrains a lot.

What I have read suggests all sorts of weird sea-weed type stuff though so I am not sure how practical it would be to be honest.

iwantitnow Wed 04-Nov-09 20:30:36

It will get you so stressed that pregnancy is unlikely. There is one known group that advise on diet and supplements for women struggling to get pregnant - I can't remember what they are called, but practically a charity. I would go on the fertility boards to find out about this group rather than try macrobiotic.

Celebrities do it but they have personal chefs.

DuelingFanjo Wed 04-Nov-09 20:34:28

hmmm, I knew it was a bad idea. Never even spoken to this friend about our fertility issues and now I'm thinking perhaps she should just butt out with her suggestons. Seems to be just another indication that people think it's me with the fertility problem when it's not either of us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now