Talk

Advanced search

how many meals do you give yr toddler?

(6 Posts)
titferbrains Tue 03-Nov-09 17:31:55

Mine gets milk, v small brekkie, good lunch, somehting like yogurt or fruit and custard mid aft, dried fruit and crackers for snacks, and supper.

I was alarmed that my cooking for kids books shows a meal planner with 4 meals per day! Where on earth would you get the time or patience to feed a toddler 4 times per day?? I think I'd end up stabbing myself in the eye with a weaning spoon...

Jujubean77 Tue 03-Nov-09 17:34:34

I give DD two warm meals a day, breakfast and tiny snacks - It's not about being better or more organised honestly, I literally make them and freeze them. She also loves soup this time of year. She is also super skinny so needs to bulk up grin

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Tue 03-Nov-09 17:35:58

depends on the age of the toddler

my 2 year old gets a small breakfast then breakfast at nursery, snack at 10 a good lunch often with 2nds at 12 then in the afternoon will have a snack after his nap, a good sized supper at 5.30 then a biscuit and milk before bed.

titferbrains Tue 03-Nov-09 19:44:25

life that sounds like a blissful life to me!

Thanks for posting juju, I had been nervous of giving soup as I thought it wouldn't be filling enough, but then again if she eats a lot of it then smiley faces all round eh?

Will have a go with tomato soup as she is OBSESSed with tomatoes. Goes into melt down at the sight of them until you give them to her. It's scary.

thesecondcocking Wed 04-Nov-09 16:26:28

my 2.1yr old has breakfast (dry cereal and a crumpet/something toasted and a beaker of milk)
midmorning she has something like ricecake/toasted something/fruit/biscuit and drink of water.
lunchtime she has an 'on toast' or a proper cooked lunch (had spag bol and a satsuma today but only hummus and pitta with a banana and a yoghurt yesterday)so depending on where we are and what she eats i'll mix and match a big lunch with a little one
when she wakes up i offer her high tea (cheese on toast/banana/bread and butter and a glass of milk)
that staves her off til tea time with us around 7 when she has proper cooked tea followed by sometimes a yoghurt/sometimes fruit/sometimes cheese or pate on crackers.
and a 9oz bottle of milk at bedtime.

she's a crap eater,we offer all the time and seems to eat much better at the 7pm meal which i know is too late but we can't eat any sooner.

MrsJohnDeere Wed 04-Nov-09 16:37:45

In theory my 21mo has the 3 standard meals a day.

In practice he barely eats breakfast, then grazes on things all morning (bananas, cheese, breadsticks etc), then doesn't really want much in the way of lunch. He might have a mid-afternoon snack, then eats a hearty dinner. Max 1 warm meal per day though.

Drinks next to no milk.

Ds1 (3.5) eats a big breakfast then next to nothing for the rest of the day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now