Talk

Advanced search

family over for weekend, what do I cook?

(6 Posts)
stilletoe Tue 03-Nov-09 16:42:37

I've got MIL and FIL over this weekend and need some ideas of what to cook (they don't like spicy food).

Saturday, what would you cook for bonfire night before you go to the fireworks display?

What you cook for sunday dinner, I have to work sunday day so don't want to be fussing too much when I get in (OH will take them out for sunday lunch)? hmm

titferbrains Tue 03-Nov-09 17:29:02

Sat nite - sausages and roasted veg. Chuck it all in the oven with a bit of thyme or rosemary for extra flavour, maybe some garlic cloves. Quartered tomatoes add a bit of sweetness. Loads of nice squashes around at the mo.

I would do a nice soup and some cheeses or cold meats and a really good loaf of bread. You don't need anything fancy on a sunday night.

So maybe a nice minestrone or a bean soup, or something more elegant like a carrot soup, or a cream of tomato. You can do the soup on SAt.

stilletoe Wed 04-Nov-09 14:22:02

Tiferbrians, you are a star!!

Both suggestions are perfect and you have sorted my muddled with christmas brain right out for what to cook. Have'nt had sausages for ages and the meat and cheese selection with the soup just gives it that speacial touch to make the soup more interesting.You are soooooooooooooooo spot on!

I'm sorted now, thanks heaps and heaps

titferbrains Wed 04-Nov-09 18:33:21

No probs, glad to be of service <preen>

titferbrains Wed 04-Nov-09 18:34:32

Make sure the sausages are resting on top of the veg or else they won't brown.

stilletoe Thu 05-Nov-09 11:39:35

ok will do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now