Talk

Advanced search

Beef Casserole/Stew

(5 Posts)
tjtheminx Mon 02-Nov-09 22:20:18

I've bought some really nice stewing beef.
Anyone got any tasty recipes for it?

StirlingSwooshBang Mon 02-Nov-09 22:57:14

I have made this beef stew a few times now. It is lovely and the addition of the parsnips gives it a lovely flavour.

Leave the muffin topping off if you dont fancy it but it is nice! I add more stock as it tends to dry up a bit with the amount in the recipe.

luciemule Mon 02-Nov-09 22:58:56

This is my basic, but really yummy one:
Fry your onions in oil in casserole dish.
Remove onions.

Add meat to seal, then put onions back in and add about a tablespoon of plain flour and coat meat. Add seasoning and dried herbs (any will do really).

Pour in a very sloshy glug or two of full bodied red wine and with your wooden spoon, scrape off the bits from the bottom and mix.

Add beef stock (mixed with tomatoe puree) to cover and any other veg you want in there.

Cook slowly for a couple of hours.

Yummy, yum, yum smile

Poohbearsmom Mon 02-Nov-09 23:10:29

Mediterrian olive stew... Big pot, Lightly brown a large onion n small amount of oil add a couple cloves chopped garlic, add ur beef lightly brown, add table spoon tom puree mix round for less then a min on the heat then add couple of chopped carrots and a tin green pitted olives and about a litre and half of veg/beef stock, add a couple of slices of lemon and cook on a medium to low heat for about an hr. Serve wit some crusty french bread mmm

tjtheminx Tue 03-Nov-09 03:00:27

all sound great.... will keep you posted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now