Talk

Advanced search

Lion birthday cake

(7 Posts)
Tommy Thu 16-Jun-05 10:54:34

Does anyone have any ideas (or better still a picture and some instructions) for a Lion birthday cake? I was thinking of just doing the face with choc butter icing for a mane but I don't really have any more ideas than that! Has anyone ever done one before or is their a picture of one somewhere I could copy?
Thanks

albert Thu 16-Jun-05 11:12:30

There's one in the Australian Good Housekeeping Children's Birthday Cake book (bought in the UK) Maybe you could take a peek at it in your local bookshop, I doubt that the library will have it but you never know. Just remembered though, it is only the face but lots of other good ideas in there. I give it to DS a few weeks before each birthday and ask him to choose one.

Tommy Thu 16-Jun-05 11:14:17

thanks albert - would that book be widly available?

SoupDragon Thu 16-Jun-05 11:16:15

bake one circle cake and one square.
Cut triangles out of the square one and stick them round the round cake to be the mane.
Ice the mane in chocolate butter crean and the face in a golden colour.
Ice on 2 ears in the right place.
Make 2 balls of white fondant icing for the eyes and push in 2 dark brown smarties/choc buttons. Put onto cake.
Ice a nose, and mouth in chocolate butter cream.
Add whiskers?

Tommy Thu 16-Jun-05 11:56:16

Thanks Soupgragon - hadn't thought of doing a cake mane - that would make it serve more people as well!

SoupDragon Thu 16-Jun-05 13:39:33

If you work it out on paper first (draw round yur cake tins) you can create a paper pattern to make sure you cut the triangles to fit.

Tommy Thu 16-Jun-05 14:21:38

You're obviously a past master at this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now