Talk

Advanced search

Quick help- would double cream work in place of coconut milk?

(7 Posts)
badietbuddy Sat 31-Oct-09 16:36:38

I'm on a diet where coconut milk isn't allowed but double cream is. I'm hoping to make a yummy japanese soup tonight but the recipe needs cocount milk adding to the stock. Do you think a slosh of double cream would work just as well? If not I'm happy just to have the plain stock

moondog Sat 31-Oct-09 16:38:58

No,wouldn't work at all.
What the hell knid of diet is it? hmm

LynetteScavo Sat 31-Oct-09 16:43:07

If it weren't Japaneese, I would have siad yes, but I know nothing of Japeneese cooking!

I imagine it would work with pumpkin soup, ut I'm guessing that's not Japaneese.

moondog Sat 31-Oct-09 16:44:57

I've just made a very nice pumpkin soup with cream but it was a middle eastern affair. Japanese don't really do dairy products.

badietbuddy Sat 31-Oct-09 16:49:02

Oh it's not so much the fact that it's japanese. I'm only making it for myself as I love the recipe and can throw plenty of chillies ginger and lime in for taste. But I wondered if the cream would do something odd, that's all

PoisonToadstool Sat 31-Oct-09 16:52:47

Would love to know what diet it is.

I would leave it out rather than sub with cream.

badietbuddy Sat 31-Oct-09 16:54:44

It's a low carb diet and I'm only 2 weeks in and don't want to mess it up. I think I will probably just have the plain stock, there will be plenty of flavour with all the stuff I am throwing in with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now