Talk

Advanced search

Campari and passionfruit sorbet..any other types of sorbet that taste better??

(7 Posts)
lovechoc Sat 31-Oct-09 11:32:53

Has anyone ever made this? I took the recipe from Jamie Olivers book (can't remember which one!) and it tastes...awful!

Don't want to throw it out though so may have to disguise the taste with vanilla ice cream later...

DH was not impressed..what are views on this recipe? Do you have any better ones?

happysmiley Sun 01-Nov-09 16:40:19

It was yuck. DH made it once but I thought it was just him! he'll be glad to know that he can blame it on the recipe

JetLi Mon 02-Nov-09 12:26:53

Campari tastes like ear wax IMO grin although if you have any left, Nigella's Seasonal Breeze is very nice - equal parts Campari, blood orange juice and cranberry juice. Maybe pour it over your sorbet and use the sorbet like ice?
I've done a lemon and chilli sorbet once which was v.nice. Think it was Ainsley's (prick with a fork).

lovechoc Mon 02-Nov-09 19:20:58

well, we tried it again last night, with ice cream but we both had to admit we just couldn't take it any more - the taste was AWFUL. what a waste of money buying that Campari, bit annoyed with myself but it's a lesson learned, trying to be all creative, thinking outside the box and all that..hmm

Thank you for the suggestions and comments. I'm not going to be in a rush to make another of Jamie's deserts again. What was he thinking??!

Ilovemybed Mon 02-Nov-09 19:32:50

slight hijack....

do you like the taste of Campari? It's a bit sour....

If you do then try a Bicyclette, which is white wine, ice and a large measure of Campari. It's divine. Although I drank so many that I put on about half a stone and had to give them up.

sigh

lovechoc Mon 02-Nov-09 19:46:57

a bit sour??? that's an understatement. it reminded me of a bad experience i had one year tasting grapefruit. horrid horrid taste.

ilovemybed thanks for the suggestion but think i'll leave it lying in the cupboard for now.

zanz1bar Mon 02-Nov-09 20:08:31

Campari and Orange juice the most sublime taste in the world and the colour of a tropical sunset.
But then I can't stand baileys too sweet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now